NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M1 CRAB HA/OIII

SlipperySquid

Hi again all! Well I had a suprising couple of hours break in the clouds last night so decided to drag all the kit out for a bit!

Managed to get 1hour 20mins of HA and OIII data on the crab! in 6 minute subs.

Captured and stacked with maxim and processed in photoshop.

All kit as per my sig.

I'm still fumbling around with colour balance etc, but I don't think this one has turned out to bad.

Hope you likey :)

post-17960-133877531538_thumb.jpg

Thanks again all!

Are flats temp dependant or can I take them at at anytime as long as the camera is at the same focus? I need to read up a bit more on this flats buisness, it's got to be done I know....I can't hide from it any more...I need flats...is there an online store where I can buy some? Flats to Go or something? Buy now pay nothing for the first year and take 5 years intrest free credit? buy ten flats get 3 darks free? :)

I'll get there in the end.

Thanks for the comments, I really do appreciate them!

Fine reprocess Matt.

I see that you've caught the blue at the edge of the crab, which often gets lost.

Also, you've probably noticed that the neb is surrounded by a halo of darkness....this is actually there, but I've never seen an explanation of what it is.

Re. Flats...no they don't need to be temperature dependant.

Cheers

Rob

Archived