Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Well that is a great image! especialy for your first!

Framing and focus is good, and there is quite a bit of data in there for only 6 subs.

The colour balance looked a wee bit of to me so I hope you don't mind I had a little play with your image.

Let me know what you think. :)

Michael

post-19381-133877531297_thumb.jpg

Hi Michael; are you sure that's what i took? i used a tutorial i found on the web called astronomy shack, thats why i framed it and cropped it, but i couldn't retrieve the colur you have.

i can only summise that the cold weather had somthing to do with it, it was clear but i froze my nuts off, it was only 6 x 30 sec but obviously it was enough.

I looked at the subs i took last night but somthing has gone wrong with them, red blotches in the middle, i must have saved the chages to the; is there a way of getting them back?

and i would much apprieciate you telling me how you got the colur in.

Ray

Hi Ray,

lol yes that is your image. I did play around with it for a little while, I am still very new to this my self.

It was all done in photo shop CS3.

Getting the colour wasn't too difficult. I just used the lasso tool to select the m42 and refined the edge a bit. Then I used 'curves' selected the blue then red colour chanels and adjusted to suit. I also refined the colour at this point using both 'colour balance' and 'hue/saturation' in Hue/saturation I also selceted each of the colours individualy to lift them a bit.

I also did a few other things to increase a bit of detail such as unsharp mask, and used a guassian blur to reduce the noise.

More little tweeks here in their in curves.

Contrast & brightness.

And over all hue/saturation.

TIP: Get used to using Curves...they are your friend! lol

Thats all I can remember, as really it's just a lot of playing around in all the different settings to get somthing you think looks right.

That will come with just practice in playing around with it all. Hence I was playing with yours..just good practice.

As for recovering your data, could you still have a copy on the camera? apart from that I don't think there is much you can do?

Any more info let me know, and I will do my best to help. :)

Michael

Thanks for that Michael, i use Photoshop elements, i dont know if CS3 would have given me more options, unfortunatly the subs are not on my camera, i used Imagies plus software and took the option to download them straight to my laptop.

However you have obviously used the Tiff file, i still have that i can used...correct?

thanks for the encouragement, you would'nt beleive how long iv'e been building my kit up just for this 1st attempt.

for the record i used a canon 350d, Mike unsolds Imagies plus software for capture, and a converted mead 8x50mm finder with a QHY5 screwed in the back as a guider.

My mount was not really polar aligned and it took me 2 days to thaw out.

Ps Roger; thanks; whats Gimp??

Ray

Archived