Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon Photoshop request!

I dont know if this is the right section but...

I took these pictures of the moon earlier and want them stitching together to make a larger full image of the moon but i dont know how!

Please could somebody that knows how to do this have a go for me? :( And ill be extreemely grateful!

post-23056-133877529029_thumb.jpg

post-23056-133877529035_thumb.jpg

post-23056-133877529043_thumb.jpg

Hiya

Yes - it's definately your three images.

I'm pleased that you're pleased with it.

This is how I did it:

I copied each image into a new black background photoshop image (they go in as seperate layers).

Then I aligned the three images as different layers using the Free Transform function and each layer set to 50% opacity so that I could see through each layer and align the moon's features in each image.

After I was happy with the alignment I reset the opacity of each layer to 100%, then used layer masks to remove /merge the image overlaps. Then adjust the "Curves" of each layer to make the joins "disappear".

As you say, two of the images were orangy, so I tok the easy way out and desaturated (removed the colour) the image.

The final steps were to rotate the image by 180 degrees and apply a couple of high pass filters to sharpen it up a bit....and Hey Presto!

Does that help??

Steve

Archived