NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M51 mono 28th of Jan and 2nd of Feb.

Whippy

Bit of a work in progress this one, I'll be adding colour and possibly some Ha to this whenever the skies allow it. I think I've burnt the core of M51 out a touch so I'll have a play with it while I'm waiting to grab the rest of the data. To be honest though, it's just nice getting out there and actually doing some astro stuff rather than just talking about it!

Total exposure time 5 hours 40 mins (34 x 10 mins) taken with an Atik 16hr with an IR cut and IDAS LP filters in the nosepiece, through an ED120. Guided by a QHY5 and PHD all atop an EQ6 pro. Stacked in DSS and processed in photoshop.

Tony..

post-13439-133877526954_thumb.jpg

Tell me about it John! I really wanted to get a decent Ha Rosette in this year and it just hasn't happened... I started the first session on this literally as it cleared the houses over the back of me, I couldn't start it any earlier. I figure I've got until about SGL6 to get this done so I'm optimistic but not too hopeful!

Tony..

Archived