Now Im realy annoyed !!

Hi All,

I just had an email from the people that I bought my skywatcher 130p from off amazon,

which basically says,

We're sorry about the dalay in postage and did I realise it is the skywatcher explorer 76700 model not the 130p as advertised, I was gutted, I have sent an email to the seller and have also sent Amazon an email.

SO I am still scopeless and it looks to stay that way for some time now cause I suppose I'm going to be in a battle to get money back etc etc.

Kev.

I've had a few issues buying off amazon sellers, and you are right in thinking it wil be hard to get the money back. Last time I had an issue and had to return an item they demanded £4.75 for 'administrative costs', and I never got a refund.

In another occasion I bought some binoculars from amazon directly (not one of their external sellers), they came damaged, returned them and got money back no problems. If you are buying off them, make sure it's directly off amazon not their external sellers.

Hi Kev,

If you bought using your credit card get on to them and they will sort it. Or just contact the seller and tell them you are going to do that if they don't refund straight away.

They will refund straight away as loosing your right to take payments with a CC will kill their business.

Best regards

Chris

I ordered a scope from a seller on ebay, which I was then told (about a week or so later) was out of stock, and I got my money back no problem... They're not all shyster's and con-men, so you never know!

EDIT: Oops, meant to say Amazon, not ebay... Just realised my error!

Even if you do get your money returned without problems I would send another very strongly worded email to Amazon.

The one you ordered (from what you say ) was 130P.

The 76700 is just 76mm dia and is not a a parabolic. So a much inferior mirror and scope overall.

Not sure what mount the 130P was supposeed to be on but the 76700 is an EQ1 which is probably not the same as it is quite light.

Sounds as if the idea could have been to send it, hoping yo may not know the difference, then argue about the act of repaying you.

How much if you don't mind was the 130P?

The 76700 I saw was £69.95, I am guessing that the price of the 130P was more, so were they offering a different scope and a repayment of some of the price?

Hi,

It was advertised as a skywatcher 130p reflector telescope. It was also advertised as used but in excellent condition, with all original components but missing the original box.

The price was £65.00 + £10 delivery

I am not an impulse buyer and read the advertisement several times before purchasing.

When I go into my account on amazon in my ordered items it clearly states 1x skywatcher 130p telescope. In my opinion that should be the end of it, case closed.

Im annoyed not only for the scope being the wrong one but more to the point I can get a 76700 cheeper than that for a new one. So why would i pay that much for a second hand one.

Still upsett, I'm going to buy a dog just so I can kick it.

Kev.

Distance selling laws enables any online purchase to be returned for full refund within 7 days of delivery.

this is not limited by reason, it can be for any reason including "i dont want it now"

there is no arguing with retail law, just ask 'consumer direct'!

Distance selling laws enables any online purchase to be returned for full refund within 7 days of delivery.

The scope they are trying to send is not a 130mm scope, it is a 76mm scope.

The mirror is not parabolic it is spherical.

The mount is I suspect a lesser one.

The package they are trying to pass of is worth a lot less then a 130P.

What makes you think they care about Distance selling laws?

The evidence so far is that they couldn't care less and just want some persons money as they didn't point any of this out until after they had it.

I don't belive it. I was eyeing this scope up on amazon a couple of weeks ago.

I'm glad that someone else saw the scope for sale as I was questioning myself about what I bought even though I have seen my account saying 1x skywatcher 130p.

Looks like it will give me a bit more time to save up some more money.

Kev.

Hope you get sorted, I am so glad I stumbled across this forum and discovered First Light Optics, great service advice and speedy delivery, those guys know what they are talking about and are glad to help.

At the end of the day they supplied you with goods not as described and you should be able to demand a refund with no additional expense to yourself.

The Trade Descriptions Act 1968 is there to prevent retailers from misleading consumers as to what they are spending their money on. Each product must be as described.

I find that getting their business address, calling them and offering to pop round to discuss things usually sorts it. Of course there's no link to me being 6ft, 17 stone and described as a bit handy...

Hi all,

The problem is sorted, I have had an email saying that a full refund has been made and apologies for any inconvienience. I have however explained that there are major differences with the two scopes involved and for them to avoid other conflicts to change the item description.

Kev.

Archived