please clouds go away, come again another day.

Hey guys, i recently purchased my scope from FLO.

Skywatcher 150PL the 1200mm version.

anyway since i got this, around 10 days ago, i have only been able to use the scope once, had a small window of about an hour, only looked at the moon, my first real scope< but still was amazed, i tried all the different eyepieces i purchased also the barlow lense, eventually i got down to a 6.3mm with barlow attached, i was like OMG!, i was looking at a single crater on the moon, was that blumming close, couldn't believe it,so i looked around for the rest of the hour taking in all this delight, then clouds just seem to come with a force, covering the moon and eventually everything else in its way. and since that day i have yet to experience a clear sky. every single night is the same, pure white or pink in most cases,i also recently purchased spc900 cam and adaptor/filter, so really looking forward to taking some pics, im using EQ3.2 mount, not the best but seems real steady, just wish these damn clouds would disperse, so if you all wish for clear sky tonight, u never know it may happen!, anythings worth a try :)

They just had a weather summary for January to date on TV that said that we have only had 41% of the average amount of clear skies so far. It certainly feels like that :)

Still, when it is clear again, just think how much you will enjoy it :(

i can finally see blue skies', the first time in a week. hopefully alot of other people will be getting some nice clear skies too.

you dont realise how much you miss those twinkle's of light in the night sky untill there gone.

well toes,fingers & legs then, but ye, heres hoping mate, 1 thing i did notice after i brang in my telescope after a brief period was that it had water/dew running down the outside of scope, this is normal i take it? i wiped the outside down with a towel, didn't touch the eye pieces, just left them.

i can finally see blue skies', the first time in a week. hopefully alot of other people will be getting some nice clear skies too.

you dont realise how much you miss those twinkle's of light in the night sky untill there gone.

Ideally you dont want those points of light to twinkle.

the sky is crystal clear tonight my way on (east midlands), so far i've had about an hour oggeling jupiter. and been trying to get a look at what i think is saturn ( i'm a noob and google sky maps says its the thing i'm looking at) but i cant focus cos i've the worlds wobbliest set up.

the sky is crystal clear tonight my way on (east midlands), so far i've had about an hour oggeling jupiter. and been trying to get a look at what i think is saturn ( i'm a noob and google sky maps says its the thing i'm looking at) but i cant focus cos i've the worlds wobbliest set up.

It wont be Saturn - it doesn't rise till about midnight - ish

We here in northern NY have been experiencing some major cloudy days and nights. Or we'll get a clear day and as the sun sets it gets cloudy. There doesn't seem to be any way I can win. I just know that when it does clear up I'll be outside. The last night I was out it was -20F so hopefully it's a bit warmer next time.

Well after finally getting my first viewing this year, in what appeared to be a perfectly clear sky, I packed in at 8pm because the seeing was poor.

I'm in south Cumbria, what are the seeing conditions like in the rest of the UK?

lol @ rubberman.

i've had clear skies since half 3 in my part of the eastmidlands.

and as for black op's! you just reminded me i need to get my finger out and prestiege, only problem is i'm not sure how i'll do being as my hands are frozen due to being outside admiring the stars.

I collimated my scope for the first time this afternoon. So I was hoping the sky would clear this evening. I got my wish & the Gloucestershire sky stayed clear for a couple of hours.

I got to see the Orion Nebula for the first time & was very pleased with what I saw from my Astromaster 130. I also got to try my Telrad starfinder, which I can highly recommend. It took me about 30 seconds to set it up & was spot on every time.

The one that came with the scope was useless, useless, useless.

As a newbie to this hobby I’ve got to say it is very enjoyable & addictive. If the cloud had not started to come in I think I would have been out all night.

Got this gut feeling that I’m going to be spending some money in the future for a better quality scope.

Already got the Skywatcher Skyliner 300P on the list.

I was playing Black Ops over the Christmas Holidays but gave up because the PS3 version seems to be full of bugs.

I heard people say it was buggy in online mode but mine is in campaign mode. I find at certain points the screen turns black but you can still hear whats going on and the only way to get out of it is to re-start that mission.

I've now lost interest.

Archived