Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Photoshop astrophotography tutorials

Quatermass

Well I'm hopeful.. Today it has bucketed down a torrent but the skies above halesworth in Suffolk are clearing nicely now and should provide a great night for imaging the Andromeda so I can practice my Photoshop skills tomorrow.. Think its going to be a long night tonight.

?ui=2&ik=b2493aade6&view=att&th=1320c75b94e61dbf&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1378320614988897988-1&zw

Same here in Norton (Suffolk as well) though I had uncovered the scope late this afternoon to realign the piggyback scope and had left the cover off since it was sunny at the time. Had a heart-sinking moment when I noticed a big black cloud going over but managed to race out and get it covered literally in the nick of time before the buckets came down again (I got soaked but scope was all good) .... clearing out now and hoping that it stays that way .... I am hoping to image the Soap Bubble tonight if I can get enough clear hours

Well luck must be on my side took my lights before I got started then took 85 main shots wonderfully clear skys great viewing then took 40 darks and then the clouds moved in HAAAA HA HA AH evil laughter they did not beat me this time ha ha suck my big fat telescope clouds!:rolleyes: Now processing my data whoo hoo

Hi Steve Im going to compile all of them into one big list for everone in the next couple of weeks Im learning to and it just makes sense for us all to post our finding for each other to benifit from

Heres another one I found for removing green cast in your images very useful add in for photoshop. Just follow the link and down load it from the site then move the add in to your photo shop plug in/filter folder you can then use it in your filter section good stuff indeed. Also if people want to know what Im doing I put a rough guide to capturing a galaxy on my blog today its rough as rough can be but it might be useful to some of you. Clear skies..

Hasta La Vista, Green! | Deep Sky Colors - Astrophotography by Rogelio Bernal Andreo

Edited by Quatermass

:)Awesome moon link Glen many thanks for that one. Please feel free everyone to add more helpful links to Photoshop tutorials as you find them. I will be working on putting them all together asap then we can have them all as a big sticky which will be very helpful to beginners and experienced alike.:)

I've made this thread sticky. Also I've taken the liberty of removing some of the posts which aren't directly related including some thank yous etc. There was nothing wrong with any of the posts but if it is going to be stuck at the top of the board for a while I thought a bit of pruning would help people access the info they need.

If Quartermass does a collation that could replace this sticky thread.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glen - Re your animation tut,

Instead of dragging each layer into the animation, turn the eye on in all alyers and select all layers.

Then open the animation from 'window'. It will show your first layer as the first frame. At the righthand end of the animation window there is a drop-down arrow which allows you to 'make frames from layers' and it does it for you. Next you can from same drop down select all frames and set the frame duration 0.2, 0.5 or 'other'...

Francis

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been busy creating more tutorials for everyone :):) and have now completed 13 photoshop tutorials :) covering just about everthing I can think of. Please take a look at them and give me your feed back. If your new to Photoshop this little lot will give you everything you need and hopefully help you on your way to mastering the beast.

you will find all the tutorials here no need to go scoring the internet any more...:) enjoy

Star Gazing

• Like 1