Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clear skies and new finder

the milster

At last clear skies in Torbay and a chance to test out my new Telrad finder. How impressed am I :D After spending at least 10 minutes trying to get Jupiter into view last week I had to do someting. So tonight I get it set up point it at the moon and bang, there's the moon in my eyepiece! Great I thought now let's try that little blighter Jupiter, line it up , look through the eyepiece again, there it is in all it's glory, moons to boot. Aim it at Betelgeuse, smack bang in the middle of the eyepiece. :)

to top it off I look left (with a naked eye) and see a shooting star :o Happy days.

Also got to try out my new Barlow lens recommended by some guys on here, also very impressed with lens and service from FLO.

Shame I had to come in to bath and put kids to bed.

They are a great piece of kit the Telrad ..... does as it says on the box.

I know all about leaving good skies to do the family jobs. And then rushing back out when all is done to find it clouded over.

Archived