NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Clear sky wanted

naked"I"

If anyone has any spare clear sky could they send some to North Wales, Ive had my new scope three days and not able to use it yet.

boo hisss

Get used to much longer periods of no use than that.... :icon_eek:

Its just been murky misty drizzle here for 4 days now..

Last week i had 3-4 clear nights. This week so far i have had NONE.

I really thought last week that 2011 was gonna be a good year but as per blumming usual.................

I suppose its early days yet.

Got to take the bad with the good.

I just wish the bad wasnt as bad as it is. I mean seriously...........

How can it remain cloudy for weeks/months on end when we have this thing called WIND (circulating air currents).

Damnit WIND...do your job and circulate. Blow those clouds away.

cloudy here to, havnt been out since before christmas,

I have to admit tho their was a few clear nights over the christmas but I just couldnt gear myself up to go out in the cold, it was intense cold, clear skies coming :icon_eek::D:D

I do sympathize with those of you who are currently surrounded by empty boxes and cloudy skies. In fact, there exists another version of this which in the long term is far a worse combination and that is when you're waiting for a clear night and when it finally arrives so does the other half telling you there is a family 'do' to go to and under no circumstances can you get out of it. If I had a pound for every occasion that has happened, I could probably could afford to buy another scope!!! :icon_eek::D Family parties NEVER occur when it's raining!!!!!

Sorry everyone just had to get that off my chest - I think they call it "sharing the pain!"

James

I'm really busy re-decorating the whole house (new bathroom and kitchen too). For me it can stay cloudy for a few weeks and save all the clear skies for when I can make use of my new garden.

oooo if only I had the power of a mod i'd ban you from this thread :icon_eek:

If anyone has any spare clear sky could they send some to North Wales, Ive had my new scope three days and not able to use it yet.

boo hisss

If I had any clear sky up here in Sheffield I certainly would not send it to you but keep it for myself.:evil6::) Barely had a clear night to get to grips with my new scope. The only decent one I had it was blowing a gale. :icon_eek:

Seriously though lets hope we can all have some good nights very soon! Please! Pretty please! I promise to be good all year :D

I can honestly say I have never known the skies over Brum to be so cloudy for so much of the time. It must be a Guinness record!!! Either that or a Guinness up the bar as I'm not out observing :icon_eek:

Has anyone else know the skies to be this bad? I heard talk that it may be a side effect from all the pollution in the atmosphere from the Icelandic volcano last year???

It's like I'm held at gun point when we do get those rare breaks in the cloud. I'm down in the obsy franticly trying to see as much as I can before the cloud comes back over.

boo hisss

First law of astronomy :icon_eek: : any new equipment brings prolonged periods of cloud.

On a more serious note, it's not that unusual. My local met. office weather station says we didn't get a single hour of clear skies from December 26 until Jan 8 - 13 nights straight. You don't tend to notice just how cloudy the UK is, until you want to look at the stars.

oooo if only I had the power of a mod i'd ban you from this thread :icon_eek:

You're right, I probably should be banned for this. I only say it because I've forgotten what a clear sky looks like and have become a bitter and twisted armchair astronomer.

Archived