NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from another newbie!!

hullabaloo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi and welcome choose your retailer carefully FLO is a great starting point ,there others out there thats frankly a waste of time and some times money but FLO to date for me is the best service wise and value for money and will take time to speak to you on the phone

pat

Hi all,

A huge thanks to everyone again for all your warm welcomes and advice :D

The scope is now on order with FLO, delivery due late next week as unfortunatley the scope was not in stock. They said at FLO that they are still getting over the Brian Cox effect :icon_eek:

Lets hope the sky is clear that weekend and I can tell you all how I got on, can't come soon enough, I feel like an excited kid all over again!! :evil6:

Well it finally turned up today, well I say finally, it was supposed to be the end of the week. Not bad service from FLO beating their estimate by 3 days :)

I'm very impressed with the quality of the scope and with the ease of the set up.

Anyway after a 20min set up and 2 hours gazing at an almost full moon, Jupiter and its 4 moons I can honestly say I am hooked :)

Can't believe that with all the rain we've had that the sky was clear (albeit light polluted) when my scope turned up .... how lucky was I :o

Can't wait for more clear skies now and losing numerous hours gazing the night sky :)

Hi Jimmy,

Yep I've been totally blown away by the scope since I got it yesterday, I'm already looking at extra eyepieces but there's sooooooo many to choose from :) I guess I should just learn to use what I've got first!

I'm in a very light polluted town in Middlesex so I can't wait till I go up to the outlaws in Suffolk where they live on a remote farm! Should get some decent dark nights then :)

Archived