Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Start of a new year

FLO

FLO officially reopens today after her Christmas/New Year break. We have a substantial backlog of orders and messages to work through so please be patient if it takes us a few days to catch up.

Happy New Year and thank-you for your continued support :eek:

James, Martin, Lisa, Annette and Steve

Do you guys EVER rest?

Not at this time of year :):coffee2:;)

We closed for our Christmas/New Year break on the 23rd Dec and reopened on the 4th Jan so have a lot of catching up to do. So far we have processed orders up to 30th Dec and yesterday we beat our record for the number of Fedex packages dispatched. The driver thought it was Christmas all over again!

The recent Stargazing Live programs on telly have definitely had an affect, I know of at least four telescopes sold yesterday that were definitely as a result of the programs. Ant also mentioned SGL has seen a rise in the number of new people joining, 53 new members yesterday :eek:

Steve

Thanks largely to the BBC 2 series of Stargazing Live programs presented by Professor Brian Cox and Dara O Briain, this month is proving to be busier than December :eek:

This chart shows the number of page views at FLO's website.

stargazing_live_affect.jpg

The two dips are Christmas day and New Years day, the sharp increase must surely be as a result of the television shows. From what we are hearing other dealers are experiencing the same and SGL has seen a sharp increase in new members, hence the recent server upgrade. This is excellent news for astronomy in the UK and evidence that interest in astronomy is strong :evil6:

Dear BBC, thank-you very much. Can we have some more please... :eek:

On a practical note, we have never been so busy! Our suppliers and ourselves are working long hours to stay on top of the extra communications. Thank-you for your support and for your patience :)

Steve

Congratulations Steve and all at FLO.

I suspect that some of the uptake in traffic to your site may have come from Steve L's FLO hoodie that I spied in the Daily Mail recently (no, I don't read the Mail, the link was on his Facebook page!).

Yes, we did notice several hundred visitors coming from the link on SteveL's website Steve’s Astro following the daily mail article. Steve has been advising James and myself on imaging matters for around three years. I guess now he has become a celebrity we had better send him a new FLO hoody :)

Archived