Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looks like I'll be posh for SGL6

George

A couple of weeks ago I got offered a trailer tent for silly money so how could I refuse :( , includes 2 double beds (with real mattresses) kitchen with stove & mini fridge, table chairs, full awning etc etc.

Need to get a towbar for the car now :)

Here's some pictures (not mine)

post-13224-133877514285_thumb.jpg

post-13224-133877514288_thumb.jpg

post-13224-133877514291_thumb.jpg

post-13224-133877514295_thumb.jpg

post-13224-133877514299_thumb.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like an excellent base for a star party and many other weekends too.

Yep lots of dark sites within an hours drive of here so its hopefully going to get a lot of use in the summer months.

I'm dreading trying to drive at 60mph tho, Im more of a 80-85mph person on the motorways.

Looks the business and towing is a doddle so nothing to worry about there. Don't forget 60mph is only the legal limit when towing - you can allways do 50-55mph (like I do with the caravan) lol

More seriously though - 60mph is pushing it for stability with these things. A jacknife is more likely to happen and infinitely more difficult to control much over 55mph :(

(check out the Bailey Caravans towing research at Bristol Uni is my advice:

Caravan Sales, Touring Caravan, caravans for Sale, Caravan Manufacturer - Bailey Caravans )

I'm dreading trying to drive at 60mph tho, Im more of a 80-85mph person on the motorways.

I drive a Westfield SpeedSport and a Series IV STi Impreza so I am no stranger to fast driving but you know what? - pootling along at 60 MPH with my caravan behind my old diesel Shogun on my way to a relaxing weekend away is rather therapeutic!

That looks so much easier to tow than my folding caravan at 17ft long! I'd rather tow a trailer tent that my van, it shreds my nerves lol, first thing is a woman tower makes you fella's go jittery and give me some...um...nice hand gestures and verbal wotsit.....plus single mum with 3 kids in the car is hard enough without having to concentrate on what the van is doing....might sell my baby and buy a camplet....nice tent BTW :(

hi all...these are great for summer, my mum had one . easy to tow , ok to set up. but they seem very light .:( so i wonder how they would be in a strong wind or gale. i have an old lunar clubman caravan. heavy but not going to do a wizard of oz on me and land on my astro gear :)...

chers steve

If memory serves me correct i think that mine has an axle weight of 300kg.

Light enough to be economical to tow but heavy enough to not get blown away....

Georges looks to be much the same in weight to mine so should be ok too....

If memory serves me correct i think that mine has an axle weight of 300kg.

Light enough to be economical to tow but heavy enough to not get blown away....

Georges looks to be much the same in weight to mine so should be ok too....

You got me curious Jamie so I had a dig around.

Unladen Weight 368kg

Total laden weight 650Kg

I presume the unladen weight is what it physically weighs and the total laden weight is what the chassis will carry?

Found some floor plans and stuff too.

post-13224-133877514436_thumb.gif

post-13224-133877514439_thumb.gif

post-13224-133877514446_thumb.gif

I wouldnt worry too much George , ive towed a couple of trailer tents in my time and have not experianced any issues.

Just give yourself a little extra space when turning and you will be fine , you will forget its attached at times...:(

I wouldnt worry too much George , ive towed a couple of trailer tents in my time and have not experianced any issues.

Just give yourself a little extra space when turning and you will be fine , you will forget its attached at times...:)

I'm not bothered about the towing Kai, I have a class1 HGV shunt license :( , mind you reversing a car and trailer/caravan is lot harder than a 45 foot articulated trailer.

"Silly money"

I'd love to know roughly how much that is :eek:

Or is that like asking someone their age? lol

Hmmm...it cost me less than a new 2'' Astronomik CCD CLS Filter :) (I want a quid for everyone that Googles that ;) )

Where are you all getting these bargains from! lol

We got it from a friend of the wife's, she split with her partner. As she is in a wheelchair she had no further use for it, we tried offering her more but she was having non of it, I even offered to sell it on Ebay for her but she insisted we had it.

We got it from a friend of the wife's, she split with her partner. As she is in a wheelchair she had no further use for it, we tried offering her more but she was having non of it, I even offered to sell it on Ebay for her but she insisted we had it.

Well it has went to a good home...... Enjoy!!:eek:

Archived