Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moonlit crab

philj

I took this the other night through the Meade 127EDT using the Atik 314l. The moon was exceptionally bright but I wanted to practice my RGB a bit. Its 40 minutes each channel in 5 minute subs.

I tried combining with an Ha image I took last week but the image was so off centre from this one that an LRGB worked but the crop was not good. So Ill try again for the Ha and this time centre the object

Ive had a devil of a job taming the moon glow and its lost a bit of depth because of that but for a practice session Im quite pleased with it.

Anyway enough of the excuses here my attempt at M1 RGB in moonlight:D

Philj

Urghh that looks awful posted on here really blothchy, It looked OK before, honest. Ill try again

post-14930-133877511814_thumb.jpg

Thanks chaps. Getting to grips with RGB imaging is one thing but dealing with winter moonlight as well makes it a bit more difficult. Still it was nice to get a colour image instead of B+W Ha with a high bright moon.

Phil

Archived