NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ikharus 102mm ED Unboxing

ribuck

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When anyone hears anything on their Ikharus order or in Richs case his repair please post an update here so others who have an interest can be kept updated, and if I hear anything I,ll post also, thanks everyone.Good luck

i think it's me who needs to go back to sleep, as i missed the whole topic of nebulosity in this thread.........i thought we were talking about the Ikharus......lol

:);)

Isn't that a bit harsh? Tim answered a question that someone asked, took the thread slightly off topic. Not excatly a big deal is it?

Tony..

Isn't that a bit harsh? Tim answered a question that someone asked, took the thread slightly off topic. Not excatly a big deal is it?

Tony..

Tony,

You've lost me here, how am i being harsh in the slightest. I said that I needed to go back to sleep as I had missed the post about nebulosity.

So I wasn't having a go at anyone

Confusion reigns supreme :)

Sorry Rich, Mobi mentioned in one of his replies that he needed a simple capturing app. Nebulosity 2 is it. Seemed best to answer his (and others) question in a thread which he is following.

Now, back o the Ikharus..... :(

Cheers

Tim

Hi TJ,

it's not a problem at all, just didn't like Whippy having a pop for absolutely no reason, when i just said that i missed the post about nebulosity........go figure.

Yes anyway back to the Ikharus ot lack thereof.......

I'm hoping Ian can give me some good news tomorrow as it's taking a very long time for the scopes and parts to arrive. I wonder if the manufacturer sent them via sea turtle......lol

Spoke to Ian, and still no update.

Ian doesn't have any tracking information. All he know's is that the orders apparently left china on the 10th of june, and he doesn't know when they will arrive. Ian thinks it's likely to be a customs issue.

So just looks like we will have to keep waiting........ :)

Spoke to Ian, and still no update.

Ian doesn't have any tracking information. All he know's is that the orders apparently left china on the 10th of june, and he doesn't know when they will arrive. Ian thinks it's likely to be a customs issue.

So just looks like we will have to keep waiting........ :(

We get loads of loose freight from China, it can be held up for a month.. :)

Sit tight.. ;)

it's already been 5-6 weeks ;)

Well it won’t be air freighted unless you have agreed to pick the cost up, so by sea its 4-5 weeks from when the part was loaded into the container.

Who ever Ian is buying them from and I'm assuming he doesn't ship containers himself but possibly pallets, you will have to wait for Ian or the suppliers to consolidate orders to amount to a box full enough to justify the container cost.

When I deal with our Taiwanese factories for replacement parts they take typically 7-12 weeks to arrive, that’s because we ship one container every month.

Ask him if you can have a focuser from a scope in stock as soon as he gets the bill of laden, this means the parts ‘on the water’ and he can replace the part you have borrowed?.. We do this all the time providing it’s a simple nut and bolt job.

If It arrives before eight weeks consider yourself lucky, in fact consider your self very lucky the factory will supply a replacement part, and Very very lucky it happened in Summer :)

I know it's nothing to do with ian, he's doing his best to help me out and i really appreciate his help and paying for a repair is certainly cheaper than a new focuser.

It's just sods law as it's rare that i get clear sky where i am, and i've had several weeks of it now just when i dont want it......

Just ordered one of these from Ian King so should hopefully receive before Christmas !

Just one question (I think the answer is NO) - Does the scope come with a diagonal.

It looks a cracking scope and am pleased that all the well informed opinion say it comes from the same manufacturer as the highly regarded 115m F7 Apo triplet being sold by a number of firms under different brand names

Cant wait to get one :D , but im getting a AZ4 mount for it & the

scope comes with rings with synta dovetail the AZ uses vixens

& seeing james pics the CG5 does also, so the Ikharus should go

the AZ4 no problems right ?

Hi all

i'm waiting too for the Ikharos scope. just had an e-mail from Ian King, he said that the scopes are due to ship this Friday and should be here around the week beginning 25th July - Ian has also said, as others have, the chinese manufactures can be unreliable with their dates. "So don't hold your breath"

Bootsclan

Hi all

i'm waiting too for the Ikharos scope. just had an e-mail from Ian King, he said that the scopes are due to ship this Friday and should be here around the week beginning 25th July - Ian has also said, as others have, the chinese manufactures can be unreliable with their dates. "So don't hold your breath"

Bootsclan

Snap! I have the same email.

John

Same email here!

Quote "

The manufacturers have informed me that the next batch of scopes will be sent out Friday this week. This means the scopes should arrive some time week beginning July 25th."

But not set in stone!!

Been on order since June 20th 2011, so end of July looks ok,

And Rich the original thread starter should hopefully have his repair through for his Ikharus around the same shipment time.

L@@king good

Hi Mobi,

I spoke to Ian yesterday and the shipment of spare parts arrived last week, however the shipment didn't include the spare parts i needed. This was the second shipment of spare parts they sent where they forgot my spare parts again.

Ian has been really great regarding this. Seeing it's taken so long waiting for spares, he has taken the barrel out of another focuser that had a faulty 1:10 fine focus mechanism and used it to repair mine.

So hopefully i will have my scope back in operation this week.

Rich.

It turns out the manufacturer sent the wrong spares twice, and Ian was concious about the long wait and no progress, so he very kindly offered to swap the barrel.

I'll be a very happy man if i get my scope back this week, but knowing my luck it will probably rain or the uk will have it's first ever hurricane the day i get my scope back........lol.

Ricg,

Archived