NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Blazewear Heated Clothing

FLO

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lu, Mel, it is not unusual for woman to buy the larger mens Gilet. It doesn't have the feminine shape but I am guessing that won't trouble you when stood in the dark at 3am in below-zero temperatures :)

It would steve - style is everything for me - I'd need at least size 18 when its over other clothes and preferebaly in a more funky color. Blue I can live with I guess.

The manufacturer really should do larger sizes cos even a small woman by the time she has a jumper and a fleece on will bloat up a couple of sizes. The average size of a woman these days is 14 by the way.

It would steve - style is everything for me - I'd need at least size 18 when its over other clothes and preferebaly in a more funky color. Blue I can live with I guess.

The manufacturer really should do larger sizes cos even a small woman by the time she has a jumper and a fleece on will bloat up a couple of sizes. The average size of a woman these days is 14 by the way.

Hi Mel

My thinking is you would want to wear it nearer your body to keep yourself warm and layer over it to keep the heat in .

Vlebo

Hi Mel

My thinking is you would want to wear it nearer your body to keep yourself warm and layer over it to keep the heat in .

Vlebo

Am sure it wont be too long before FLO put the Blazewear heated fleeces on the website.

Vlebo - its a good point about having it closer in but if I did that it would mean all my other clothing (which I already have) would need to be changed up a couple of sizes to get the heated thing under it :)

Sighs - I'll have to freeze I guess while I save up.

I dont really see the point of putting heated clothing on top of layers of other clothing...

It's got to be more efficient to have it closer to the body with more insulating layers on top...

At least it looks like this stuff stands a chance of working unlike the the stuff from the nations fav gadget shop...

Billy...

Oh it works Peter :)

If you aren't 100% pleased you can return it within 30-days for a full refund. Even the insoles!

The next garment is the one that lead to us becoming Blazewears's only astronomy retailer stockist.

SteveL showed us his Blazewear heated fleece at Kelling. It was well-made and as warm as toast! It changed our perception of heated clothing. Like the Gilet, it has heating in both sides of the chest and the back.

blazewear_heated_fleece_mens.jpg

These are certainly on my Christmas list! I could have done with the heated insoles while at Olly's last week, as I had to give in on Friday night as me feet just couldn't take any more (I was sitting with my feet in 3 inches of snow though!)

And Mike will happily buy them for me so that I'm not so cold coming to bed :)

Helen

PS I can confirm the effectiveness of SteveL's jacket. I had to turn it down when I borrowed it at Kelling, and I get cold really easily! I will need a rather smaller size though...

Most astronomers have yet to discover heated clothing, probably because those that have have been put off by inferior products using old technology. We intend to change that :)

I have put together some pix below (the golfer is for MikeP :D).

post-12699-133877506481_thumb.jpg

Archived