Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My son's moon pic

bcfcciderhead

Thought i'll share this pic my 13 year old son took a few weeks ago, of course not up to the standard some of you guys can do but what he used was a Skywatcher 130P 25mm EP and my fuji bridge camera, he just held it up to the EP and clicked away!

He now has the bug and as i just got my dob he will claim the 130P, so i just upgraded it to a goto for him....now this hobby will cost even more!!:eek:

post-20982-133877499533_thumb.jpg

Very commendable, a hand held moon shot is a difficult operation for a seasoned imager, so well done to the lad.

The main outcome here is the generation of curiosity, and a desire to do more. You have to encourage him, and I'm sure you will.

A GoTo heh? What a good Dad you are :eek:.

Ron.

Very commendable, a hand held moon shot is a difficult operation for a seasoned imager, so well done to the lad.

The main outcome here is the generation of curiosity, and a desire to do more. You have to encourage him, and I'm sure you will.

A GoTo heh? What a good Dad you are :eek:.

Ron.

I sure will encourage him, a 13 year old could get up to a lot worse at night, and of course i will have to "test" the goto for a few weeks, just to make sure it works ok;) and that has nothing to do with me wanting one of course:D

I agree with everyone else a great pic again a lot better than my first moon pic's. A good little bit of kit is a TD 35 electronic eyepiece only costs about 40£ of ebay,link to a laptop gives some great close up pics of the moon,Santa could bring that. Keep up the good work we need young blood in this hobby

Tell him well done from me. I love it when my kids come outside and start taking an interest.

My 4 year old had a pocket digital camera at my brothers wedding yesterday and he got a shot of his Mum walking down the grand stair case in the hotel all dressed up and it is stunning, more luck than judgment but its got him hooked.

Tonight he was having a go at fireworks.

Great stuff though :eek:

Yeah i like it now he's at the age to join me in my hobbies, he can't wait for the local club meet.

As for photo's i think he got an eye for it, must show you this one he took with his phone a year ago on holiday in Swansea, not astro in anyway but it looks stunning.

post-20982-133877499578_thumb.jpg

I have yet to even SEE the moon through my new binos I got the other week,largely due to the clouds and bad weather.

Great shot your kid managed there.

NOTE - you say this was done with a webcam too?,indoors would that have been? I have an old webcam somewhere knocking around and may give this method a go out in the backyard until I am finally ready (prob in about 10 years!) to give astro-photography a go.Again,great shot and an inspiration to those of us without cutting edge high tech equipment.

great first effort, better than my firsy attempt with my 130p and i used a webcam,

a webcam would be a good cheap next buy for this scope with a 2x barlow for imaging moon, it`s very addictive

So many combinations of achieving different things,and some of the DIY projects in here are nothing short of master class :)

Archived