Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 1491 in Ha 24 & 27/10/10

Whippy

Most catalogues show this as a quite small nebula but I had spotted a couple of images showing a whole mass of surrounding nebulosity including a huge expanse nearby (SH2-202) so I thought I'd give it a go and see how it comes out. Have to say I'm quite pleased with it :).

I recently bought a 2" Baader 7nm Ha filter and I'm quite impressed with it. I normally stayed away from imaging if there was more than a three-quarter Moon with my old Astronomik filter but the 24th was a full Moon and this object was fairly close by, still got a good enough signal!

Anyhoo, NGC 1491. Total exposure time 6 hrs 40 mins (40 x 10 mins). Taken with an Atik 16hr with a Baader 2" 7nm filter through an ED120. Guided by a QHY5, ZS66 and PHD all atop an EQ6 pro. Stacked in DSS and faffed about with in Photoshop.

Tony..

post-13439-133877497109_thumb.jpg

Thanks :). I'm not looking to add anything to it at the moment as I've got a big list of objects I want to do but the fainter stuff is showing a fair bit of noise so it might get another evening's worth of time spent on it.

Tony..

Nice one Tony, I've spent a little time on this (mostly as SSP) but the results haven't seen the light of day yet - not least as I can't suss where the noise I got was coming from and the Pacman was calling me... and... you're field of view and results are far better than mine :)

James

Archived