Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 Wide

moondog

Thanks for the comments guys and gal.

The Rev 80 ED is proving excellent at widefield DSO's

Can't wait for Orion to get higher in the evening sky !

I'l give the Horsehead a go then Rog.

SR - I see you've got a Zenith film camera. Presumably you are going to have a go at astrophotography with it ?

8)

MD

SR give it a go the 135mm lens would be fine.

Many years ago I used to develop and print all my films at home. Black & White, Colour negative & slides.

Don't know if you can still develop B&W negative films at home. Probably an EU law banning the chemicals !

This would be the cheapest way if you can still get the development tank and chemicals.

For astrophotography B&W film speeds used to be pushed by allowing extra development time in the tank.

If you develop the negative, you can see within the space of 1/2 hour if you've recorded anything worthwhile.

Since you're into Russian kit, the enlarger I used was a Russian one that folded down into a small case.

Must look in the loft it may still be there !

8)

MD

Russian photo enlarger? Sounds V cool MD. We developed all our own stuff back at college but was all BW only - can't remember too much about it - MANY moons ago - but would love to have a go. Haven't really got space in the house for a dark room though... wonder if the loft'd be ok? Hmmm fumes a plenty! :D

Archived