NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally a clear night for Jupiter

Clayton

Thanks guys

Below is a full frame that Registax has judged to be the best of the 2100 from the 6th avi on the night. Later I bumped the scale up a bit with a longer extension tube.:)

I am still working with a 2x Barlow and various extensions. I recently bought a 2.5X Barlow but early tests are indicating that it may be a dud with colour fringing in one direction??:o:headbang:

Oh and I decided to add the worst frame just for comparison

post-16237-133877489305_thumb.jpg

post-16237-133877489309_thumb.jpg

I'm interested by the idea of using extensions to increase image scale. I take it this is an extension tube between the Barlow and the webcam?

And although I've been using Registax for a while now, I didn't know it could identify best frames - might you be able to clarify how that's done? That one frame you've got is better than my stacked results!

I'm interested by the idea of using extensions to increase image scale. I take it this is an extension tube between the Barlow and the webcam?

And although I've been using Registax for a while now, I didn't know it could identify best frames - might you be able to clarify how that's done? That one frame you've got is better than my stacked results!

Yes the extension goes between the Barlow and the Camera. Most Barlows can be used in this fashion, but some will not. It's easy to try with an eyepiece on a distant landmark in the daytime.

In the first stages of Registax processing (Align) if you select 100% for the lowest quality you will end up with only one frame which Registax has deemed to be the highest quality frame. I hope this is clear as my head is't after a big last night and a few Ports tonight :o

Archived