NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I LOVE the colour of this :D

Sirius_Starseed

Phenix 114mm 4.5" Reflector Telescope set in PINK!!! on eBay (end time 03-Oct-10 20:59:41 BST)

Not that I'd ever buy this 'scope. I've never even heard of this make before. However, if they did a Skywatcher in this colour I would snap it up. In fact I think the top brands such as SW, Celestron, Orion, Meade, etc. should have more choice in colour (pink) ;) for us girlies. I know this colour probably makes most of you guys wanna puke (and a lot of girls too) but I LOVE it!!! Though I'm not too keen on the transfers they've stuck on their own model :icon_salut:

Just thought I'd share :(

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:icon_salut: "Tis" very Bubble gum Pink

I Prefer white or black

I'm not or ever have been a Girly Girl.lol

but each to there own I Say.

Chez

Yes, it's very bubble gum pink :(

I love the shimmery blue of my SW OTA and wouldn't change it, but I would buy another 'scope in this pink colour ;)

An iridescent OTA would look fab, just like the cars you see which are like this.

:icon_salut: "Tis" very Bubble gum Pink

I Prefer white or black

I'm not or ever have been a Girly Girl.lol

but each to there own I Say.

Chez

I concur entirely ;) Except I'd like my SW Dob to be black, instead of white...

Not a girlie girl either (only own two pairs of footwear :() - but I imagine this telescope would appeal to some. :eek:

Sirius, you are right, it would have more credibility if Skywatcher made them.

Funnily enough there was another thread about whether pink telescope was a good idea or not. I argued that my gf has a pink camera & guitar so why not, but some people actually got quite angry about its existence and thought it was sexist! :icon_salut:

Worzsel - I kind of agree and it was me who said it was sexist on a previous thread. I'm not entirely sure its 'sexist' as such but I do find the 'if its pink its for girls' mildly annoying - its as if manufacturers are thnking 'shall we fit it with a 10:1 focuser and a 1/10th wave mirror - nah !! Its for girls - just paint it pink' its like it says 'girls tch tch - poor benighted creautures - let make it girl friendly' as if any woman would be stoo stupid to work anything more compex than a cooker.

Maybe I'm slanted on this having worked in sales and engineering in my time and had to constantly push against guys who were sure I'd busrt into tears at every opportunity or who needed shielding from 'bad things'.

I dont mind stuff being made simple to operate - thats just good design and sings of a well thought out product like the I-Pod - painting it pink is a cop out and demaning I think.

But I'd still put in a plea for a leopard skin one - :icon_salut: - but it would also have to be superb optically and mechanically.

I suspect it may limit the market somewhat, unless of course this is just what all the female astronomers have been waiting for?

They do offer some models in other colours ...

Telescopes

BUTTERFLIES?!?!?! :icon_salut:

I need a lie down..........I'm feeling ill..........

Mind you, some seven year old girl will love the scope.

Would be very cool to have cow print telescope, we get transfers for our mobile phones why not do the same for telescopes. Mind you I wouldn't spend that much time looking at it as my eyes would be on the sky, but pink mmm not my favorite colour, aqua blue is mine..

Glad it has got you talking. It is certainly not meant to be demeaning - just a touch of fun. It is also not meant to be sexist - we will sell them to the lads too :o

Haven't asked the manufacturer about leopardskin or cow hide pattern but I am sure they might be able to come up with something.

Now those coloured LEDs ... hmmmm? Just remember where you saw it first!

Any other requests will be treated accordingly.

Best wishes to all.

Alan @ Sky's the Limit

Whilst I'm not totally sold on the shiny blue of the last generation of Skywatcher telescopes, nor the typical white colour of most telescopes, I think that the Black "diamond" style Skywatchers are absolutely beautiful. They look exactly how I'd like them to look :o

However a choice of colours would be pretty nice. It's good to have some variety in life, and the odd shocking pink telescope at least would have the advantage of being less likely to be accidentally bumped into at a star party. Or stolen :)

Archived