NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter showing GRS and Oval BA, Sept 21

Starman

The seeing was less steady last night, some 12 hours after opposition and at times imaging was stopped because the screen view was hopeless. In amongst this, there were periods where the atmosphere settled down though and these were long enough for a number of captures.

Here's an early result from the night of the 21st of September, showing the GRS and Oval BA swinging into view. The seeing was reasonable at this time but I believe it was better later on. It'll take a while to work through those shots though...

As usual, C-14, Astronomik Type II filters and Lumenera SKYnyx 2-0M camera.

2010-09-21_23-37-30_R-G-B_800.jpg

Great image Pete.. Interesting how you have captured the destinctive dark mark 'dash like' on the north band. I could see this with ease last night while observing with the 200P. It almost made me think 'Impact scare'.. nice to see it close up.

Best

Rob

Thanks all. Looks a bit heavy handed on my laptop in Patrick's study (S@N duties at the moment). It was processed quickly while suffering from man-flu so that's my excuse :) I had a look at a couple of the later ones and they look much better. I'll process them up when I've recovered a bit...

Archived