Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first attempt at M31

Hi Earl

I think that's very good for a first attempt - as Mark has said - longer subs would give you more data - also you could turn up the ISO on the camera (if you're using your DSLR) and try an LP filter - I've got an Astronomik CLS CCD on mine and very pleased with it.

Cheers

Steve

Dont longer subs blow out the core even more?

maybe 2 sets of subs, short for the inner then longer for the outer.

I think there is far more data in my unprocessed image than i am able to get out at present as everything is starting to bloat quiet bad.

maybe 2 sets of subs, short for the inner then longer for the outer.

That's exactly what I would do. Treat the core and the outer as two separate targets. You can also process areas separately in photoshop by duplicating layers and changing the levels of areas independently.

Hi,

I had a wee go at your M31 here, I am certainly no expert, just getting going really.

Tell me what you think of this and i will explain my process. Didn't take much really.

Might of blowen out the core a bit and i think the colour balance isn't perfect but like i said i'm no expert.

post-19381-133877481651_thumb.jpg

I actually have a work in progress, which is a massive improvement on my original, im just waiting on an answer from a friend why im unable to creat new layers on the image.

I have a friend of 20 years who is quiet frankley a Photoshop God!

and of course when I get into this.... I move away from him !!!

DOH

Archived