Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 07-08 Europa + GRS transit

riklaunim

Night 07/08 had some interesting events - GRS transit combined with Europa transit - including transit over GRS. The Oval BA passed GRS. Seeings was bad, good for a while, again very bad. Very high humidity.

f/28, RGB

j28rgb.jpg

f/28, RGB, RRGB

j28rgb2.jpgj28rrgb2.jpg

Maps

The nice sharp band shows for how long good seeing was available :blob10:

mapa1.jpg

mapa2.jpg

mapa3.jpg

Cloud motion test:

- Animated map - it shakes a bit. I wanted to check if there will be any noticable cloud motion on the images. Probably needs more time difference than few minutes.

Methane band images:

Made with DSI III Pro at f/10, bin2.

xch4.jpg

Mini moons:

Got Amalthea and maybe other inner moons. I have to put yesterday ephemerids of them to check if they match with something on the image :) Made with DSI III Pro, Pro Planet 745, 1000 frames at 0,45 sec exposures.

moons.png

I'm just shooting series of RGB or IRRGB avis after another +/- some extra time between the series. Resulting color images then may be added to animated gif to show the rotation. Castrator + Autostakkert stacking results in identical planet position on stacks so the planet on the gif doesn't "jump".

Archived