Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light

Dons255

congrats! Jupiter is fabulous but for me Saturn is a major shock when you see it - so beautiful.

so much to see and so little time :blob10:

Just love Saturn through my 8"Dob, small, but enough to see the rings, brilliant to look at it, shame it's with the sun at the moment and past it's sell by date as far as viewing the planet goes.

Hi Jupiter is stunning the first time your see it, but I agree totally with Moonshane above, the first time you see Saturn through a telescope you will be awe struck, its stunning and so alien. Its been a long while since I have seen Saturn, that is apart from when I close my eyes and then I see it as clearly as if I was at the scope, that first view has burned itself into my brain and I hope I never forget it. Simply awesome.:blob10::D:D:D:D

Congratulation on your first light that is a lovley feeling to think we are nearly there and then BINGO and you stand back and look a the kit and afford yourself a smile.

Saturn is my mate it welcomed me to astronomy and I always greet it with a polite "elo mate" the first time I see it any night observing. The reason it was the very first thing I managed to see through a telescope back when 5 of the planets lined up in the west in 2000 ?? I can honestly say I have been hooked since then. It sat there in the sky with all the other planets patiently waiting for me to set up (under a street light so I could see what I was doing I only had the scope 2 hours so had not even got it out of the box indoors) chuckeld at me while I tried to focus on this object it was there but could not get focus like a bull in a china shop turning the focus dial to quick then stopping taking a deep breath and slowing down BANG standing up straight and looking up at these objects lined up the hairs on the back of my neck stood up i looked again this thing was not an elipse nor a fuzzy blob and with a slight tweak on the focus the WOW out loud and stood back and it was at that point Saturn had said hello and welcome to astronomy.

G

Jupiter was the first for me. Could just make out a couple of moons, not bad for the department store telescope, will be the first thing I look at when the new scope arrives.

jupiter was the first planet i saw through a telescope so I think of it as my mate but i have to admit to that wow the first time I saw saturn

Hee Hee. I know that feeling when you see something for the first time or very, very clearly. My instinct is to look then share the view... with anyone! Family or visitors, all are fair game..." You HAVE to see this...."

Archived