Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My Best Jupes EVER

TopHouse

A report on conditions where I am tonight is in this thread with a couple of moon close ups :-

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-lunar/112638-night-moon-behaved.html

I have no idea what was going on as like I describe in the thread linked above, conditions didn't look great, but in the scope and on the laptop screen they were truly outstanding! These are my two best ever jupes, one with x4 imagemate and one with talx3

I'm not exaggerating, tonight was like the telescope fairies had been out in the night and swapped my scope for something twice as good, I was totally blown away by the views, filled up when I got these two processing and saw what I had!

post-18181-133877477351_thumb.png

post-18181-1338774774_thumb.png

Oh my - those are amazing images. If you get get the background black on the top one and increase contrast (I have no idea how) it would look even more polished and stunning. I love how you've caught two moons on the bottom image, it almost looks like they're moving.

Did you really take those through the 200P? Wow.

200P with a toucam and x4 imagemate for the big one and x3 tal for the smaller one. The upload has taken some detail away, and for some reason, uploading has lightened the top one, the original is darker. I'll do a reprocess on both tomorrow and reupload.

TopHouse, is your mount the EQ5 "Pro" version or not? I'm contemplating the 200P as my next scope (and trying to keep within budget) I'm not sure if the "Pro" bit is needed for moderate astrophotography use.

Do you image DSOs with your setup at all?

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to your reprocessed images! They're better than the ones I took of Jupiter tonight on my Mak 127 :o

@Mike,

I'm actually not 100% certain re mount, it's EQ5 not HEQ5, am not sure what's different with pro and non pro, mine didn't have motors when I bought it, I had to add them, it tracks very nicely though when polar aligned, for the above I wasn't polar aligned as I was at the front of the house & can't see polaris so it was a compass job, but I don't have the kit for DSO.

Very nice subtle images, a touch more contrast wouldn't do any harm & might reveal a bit more detail.

tonight was like the telescope fairies had been out in the night and swapped my scope for something twice as good

Yeah, I kow that feeling - usually it works the other way round though, you know you have good kit but it won't perform ....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived