Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkyWatcher 200p 8" Scope - Dew Shield

Yes I think so! Perhaps it's because I live on the Cumbrian coast, but I have noticed recently after a few hours use the scope suffers Dew, this used to also happen with the 130m also!

Ray.

Camping mat dew shields work well and are cheap! I have a 200P and my own shield is around 250mm long - I used to find the secondary dewed up on really cold nights (quite possibly my breath!) but the shield works. While you are at it make a mini one for the finder!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey guys...

Sry for bringing up an old thread... When you say camping mat... Do you mean the floor mat that is most generally blue.. like half an inch thick to sleep on the floor???

Got a 200P Myself and I'm trying to get a hokd of something usefull with buying some fancy brand new stuff...

If it is the actual blue camping mat you are refering... Do you think it would be a good idea to paint it with black balckboard paint? I got some and red some palces that this can to pretty good work to avoid light reflection....

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi I myself was going to ask the same question but see you have already answered it , mine will therefore be light blue lol. I have just spent 40min online searching for one and thought 50quid was excessive and it was the sct one that I found.

Geoff

Archived