Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars October the 2nd

OXO

Mars October the 2nd.

3.00am

Seeing conditions 3/10

Transpartency 3/10

Windy/Small Gale

Note's: Awful conditions for both observing and imaging, i couldn't use a high magnification with the Mak127 due to this.

image.jpg

Image Details.

Frame's stacked 390 in Registax 3 and processed in Photoshop.

2xbarlow and Toucam Pro 2

Mak127

image.jpg

Image Details.

Frame's Stacked 602 in Regitsax 3 and Processed in Photoshop.

2xbarlow and Toucam Pro 2

Mak 127.

Additional Note's. Quite amazed by the image i got from the Mak127 in what was awful condition's. I would of liked to of used more magnification to gain a larger image but this wasn't possible.

James

Nice going James, especially considering the poor seeing.

The Mak 127 is capable of superb images. It's optics give a truly sharp image with great contrast. I also found i could resolve more detail than with the 8" Newt. It really belies it's 5" aperture. Look forward to your next image under better conditions.

Btw it's been pants down this way. Last night was forecast clear and started out that way. But by 10.30pm things had turned pretty awful. However it did look better around midnight but i was already off to bed. And the scope was still in the garage.

Russ

Thanks Russ,Jamie..

It's good to be bale to setup the Mak on the Heq5 mount in no time and get some quick peeks inbetween the clouds.

Looking forward to imaging/Observing Mars when the weather picks up..

James

Archived