NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I can't win!

martin_h

I did my bit to spread astro news yesterday, told my neighbours about the meteor shower tonight. So here we are in the garden waiting, and there they are in their garden waiting - with a ruddy great bonfire going so they can sit in the warm!!!!!!! Sparks, smoke and soot everywhere!!

I did my bit to spread astro news yesterday, told my neighbours about the meteor shower tonight. So here we are in the garden waiting, and there they are in their garden waiting - with a ruddy great bonfire going so they can sit in the warm!!!!!!! Sparks, smoke and soot everywhere!!

:p I read this and burst out laughing. Sorry that they are spoiling you view, at least they hav't put the outside lights on so they can see where they are going as well!!!!!

Had a lovely clear sky here last night, Plenty to see. Set up the scope at about 21:30. looked around Lyra for about an hour then settled back and waited, and waited, and waited. Had a total of 9 meteor. gave up at midnight. However did have one burst at 22:45. moving from east of cass, going towards Capella in a NW direction. left a trail of gas and smoke and exploded into about 20 streams. Anybody else see it?

Yes i saw that, in a previous post i explained how it scared the **** out of my other half! Was quite the fireball wasnt it?! Nice Green (ish) train to it aswell! :p That was the best one i saw all night!

Eddy

Haha I wouldnt think so, as i was sober! :p and my gf's reaction to it (squealing and clutching onto me like the world was coming to an end) was a sure fire way of telling i wasnt to, hallucinating!

Eddy

Archived