Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My Mount has given birth Scope

OXO

The Mount gave birth via the carrier this morning something to do with Gaz i might add anyway it's the Skymax 127 Mak(Lounger) previously owned by Russ and Gaz hence the name Lounger  :).

First impression's? Well it's Tiny like a Baby stuck on a HEQ5 Mount and the weight is well baby like, this should make a ultra fast setup(keeping it mounted to the Mount) the focuser looks great and from what i have read there shouldn't be much backlash in it..

Here's a couple of pic's...

image.jpg

image.jpg This was strange to me the Dovetail/Rail was inverted and really confussed me but thanks to a phone call with Rob(BOB) i soon fixed this by attaching it to a spare dovetail Plate i had..(Thanks Rob)..

Prob Rain till Christmas now?:)

James

Very nice setup indeed James.

With the lack of scope weight that will be an absolutely rock solid stable platform for imaging/viewing.

THEY say that mak's are not really for dso's but i have seen some images taken with one and they

can do the job very well.

Enjoy!!!

Hi James,

The scope performs well on the brighter DSO's, Mars will blow you away, my guess is you won't see much difference between the Mak and your reflector on that object!

The Mak was solid on my CG5, let alone you HEQ5. Sorry about te dovetail but I have "plans" for the one I had one it!! :)

Might be worth you keeping your EQ3/2 now for a quick look setup?

Cheers

Gaz

PS. Was the disc OK?

Hi Gaz,

Might be worth you keeping your EQ3/2 now for a quick look setup?

Yeah i am about to amend my post in the Buy n Sell section, keep that Mount so i can observe whilst imaging :). No Worries on the Dovetail matey i was lucky to have 3, 2 small and one large :)

Thx for the disc i will try it later 8)

James

I was going to suggest you keep the Astro 3 James. Makes a very handy and quick setup with the 127.

I use to use that little scope on my EQ6, looked like I had attached a finderscope direct to the mount.

It's a cracking scope, perhaps one day i'll buy it back as my holiday scope again.

Russ

It's a cracking scope, perhaps one day i'll buy it back as my holiday scope again.

Russ

I couldn't think of anything better for a camping/caravan holiday. Unfortuneatly I'm a "swimming pool, beer and Sun" merchant when I'm away!

I saw a pic on Cloudynights of the 127mm next to the new 150mm (which is starting to get good comments BTW :)) and there isn't that much difference in the way of size.

Gaz

So is that a "Club" scope then? Can anyone borrow it for the weekend?
Yes if you can pick it up and return it by the following monday morning :)
I couldn't think of anything better for a camping/caravan holiday. Unfortuneatly I'm a "swimming pool, beer and Sun" merchant when I'm away!
You know i like to wash police car's whilst i am away :) :)

Russ, you will prob have 2 mak's by the time you go away on holiday again :)

James

Archived