Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

m31

cardconvict

at the min no olly on the histogram it is pushing over half way to the right, i need to invest in a light pollution filter also does'nt help at the min it is still low down and my blumming neighbour had his light on nearly all night, he has no curtains nor do he have a lamp shade on it. and m31 is in that direction

olly here is a single 2 min shot what do you think :eek: do you think maybe i should of left it and waited for it to get alot higher

I'm afraid I'm the wrong person to ask since no-one on the forum knows less about beating LP than I do! But I would post a question on how long you can go and how you can beat the problem because the UK imagers do wonders in beating LP. There may be things you can do in processing.

Anyway, it is already a good image.

Olly

Nightmare regarding your neigbours light!!!! Have you had a word?

I was planning on roping next doors tree over to my side so I can cut a couple of feet off, under cover of night, before it grows too high, like their others have!!!!

Cannot believe M31 is here again, Nice image, with lots more longer subs it will be very nice!!

Fay

Nice work!

I'm a complete beginner when it comes to astro photography, and I'm well impressed by some of the pictures I see on this site. I'm particularly impressed by how you get from the light polluted sub you posted to the nice dark image in the OP. You say you used DSS and I've downloaded that and used a bit, but how do you get rid of the LP? You say you used PS4, what I was wondering is there any free software (eg GIMP) that would achieve the same level of LP reduction?

Cheers

Col

thanks for the comment CoLB, i'am not sure about the gimp as i have never used that program before, in ps4 i used gradientxtermintor a add on for ps4, but the light pollution was that bad this time i decided to use pixinsight le (was free software but now they have decided to stop that and released a payware version :eek:),called dynamic background extraction that did the trick. i have only being doing astrophotoraphy for about a year now and alot of it is trial and error, and asking questions to exellent sites like this one to get all the information you can. once you get the hang of it it's like riding a bike.

Cardconvict - thanks for your reply. I've had a look on the pixinsight website and that looks like an interesting piece of software - as you say not free but they do let you download an evaluation copy for 45 days trial so I will have a look at that.

Cheers

Col

psychobilly thanks for the thread i got paid the other day so i have decided to buy the light pollution filter from FLO for my st80 that just screws straight on, can't wait to get it then i will carry adding more subs on m31, excellent price as well.

Archived