NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 30th June Pembrokeshire

Space Cowboy

Currently holidaying in sunny Saundersfoot with my lady and of course my skymax 127. Took some avis between 3,50am and 4,30am with Astrocapture and Craterlet. Craterlet is definetley producing superior images. Below is the best of the bunch though not as good as my first Jupiter session last week. Images were taken of Jupiter over the sea.....maybe too much moisture in atmosphere for good visibility?

space-cowboy-albums-jupiter-picture5550-cratlerlet-capture-0003.png

Think thats your tightest one yet, focus looks good and it looks to me like conditions were a little misty, which would explain the slightly dull ( levels ) but sharp appearance. Those conditions often pull out the most detail, but you pay for it with signal strength.You could certainly try upping the levels on image analyzer, im sure it would benefit. Nice holiday memto that one

Hi Stuart No, its a free program called image analyzer, theres a thing on there you can adjust the luminence with, if you download and cant suss it out ill explain, though registax would also adjust things.

Cheers Neil! I will take a look and have a play :D

Thanks Clayton!

Wow, you dug a nice one out there. Excellent.

Nice holiday venue too..

I was stationed in Pembroke Dock for a couple of years. I loved Pembrokeshire. Such a beautiful coastline.

Ron.:D

Cheers Ron, we've been coming here the past 6 years just love the place!

Archived