Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

50 pane moon mosaic 21 June 2010

resonator77

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The details are excellent..... you missed a bit on the upper right didn't you ? Not a bad bit of patching :rolleyes:... When did you start it, whilst the sky was still light ? I had that problem last week... pain to get the brightness balanced on only 20 panes, not sure I'd want to try that with 50 :)

Thanks guys,

waiting for the moon to rise higher, very difficult to use barlow at the moment too thick an atmosphere to shoot through. Prime focus is giving an acceptable results but again too much hassle to do mosaic when the moon is getting full

It's basically, OTA <- Barlow <- Tube <- Camera...

The tube, moving the camera away from the barlow lens element, increases magnification. I don't know by how much... but 90mm of tubes and the star diagonal gave a pretty large boost to the magnification... shame the seeing was so poor, what with the moon being so low... still, in winter... when the moon is higher...

almost sharp enough to cut yourself on!

Looks good! I did a 78 pane mosaic on the moon and it took forever! Not just in the processing, but capturing the panes seemed like an endless task.

Hat off to anyone who tries it....

Don't forget that a 2 x barlow turn a 50 pane into a 200 pane :D

Ant

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice picture.

I must say, I love seeing the moon during the day!? The reason is it's like a teaser representation of what it would be like to have another planet in near orbit. I'd love to live somewhere where I could see another planet, preferably life supporting, that orbits with us, like the moon.

If not then to live on a planet with 2 or more moons. That would be cool.

The moon in the daylight to me is just like that. Really awesome.

But again, excellent detail there in that picture.

Archived