Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Been a while since SGL5..... IC1396

Tim

But here's what I did there, along with some extra data taken at home.

IC 1396 - The Elephants trunk nebula in Ha

OTA = MN190 + GSO 8"

Camera = SX H9 mono + Baader 7nm Ha filter

Sub Length 600,900,1800 total time 9.5 hrs

Processed in Pixinsight

I've been bogged down at work, so this is just a fast and dirty stack and stretch, but I thought if i dont post an image soon, I will forget how to :D

Thanks for looking

TJ

post-14037-133877451733_thumb.jpg

Thats cracker...I love the nebulosity being blown of the head... like spray being blown of the surf by the wind :D

Fantastic... looking forward to the colour if you get the chance :D

Guy...

I thought if i dont post an image soon, I will forget how to :(

Thanks for looking

TJ

Aaaargghh.... I was minutes from posting the same object (also from SGL5 and also a quick and also a fast and dirty stack)... :D:D

Oh well ;)

'Tis looking good though!

James

Hst it mate, makes a great image!! Love this in ha too...

Alan

That was the plan, and I do have some S2 for it, but I will probably do it in a wider fov at some point, my summer target has just become available for imaging and I plan to spend quite some time on it and its neighbours.

Real shame you cant gather all the narrowband stuff simultaneously, i'm sure it'd be doable with the right knowhow.

Real shame you cant gather all the narrowband stuff simultaneously, i'm sure it'd be doable with the right knowhow.

When I win the lottery I'll put 4 Megrez 72's on my ADM side by side bar and 4 H9's and sit back as 4 channels of data stream in... or four lots of the same come in...

Tim suggested this target to me at SGL5 when the object I was imaging was disappearing into the murk so I toodled across to see how he was doing to see a screen full of a zoomed in Elephants trunk in great detail and that was just one sub... I'm looking forward to seeing your finished result Tim - even if it takes a while!

James

Archived