M51 L

MikeD

5 hours of Luminance data, WOW it really looks great, cant wait to see it when you add the colour but by my reckoning you need 2.5 hours of binned colour subs, so another 7 hours to go... WOW, you have more patience than me... Great image so far though!

Thanks steve and yes it was.:)

*EDIT*

Sorry Steve by "yes it was" I mean no it wasn't It was taken with an astronomik L type II filter.:)

Mike.

:D:headbang::) Either way, I do like your star shapes - I haven't tried my 10" with my mono H9 but certainly the colour version would never get stars as tight as yours. I have the ATIK IR Blocker but I suspect that I would achieve such good star shapes - only one way to find out, I guess!

Hi Mike..

Yet another fantastic image...

I'm amazed at the detail you manage to capture!..and just a bit hacked off that I'm not getting anywhere near this kind of detail with my Atik 314L which has the same chip I think?

I can only put this down to three possibilities

1. You are a genius (possible??:))

2. I'm completly rubbish (more than possible??:D)

3. Or a combination of both of the above..definately!!:headbang:)

Missed the SSG meeting again this month..thats three in a row now!

Last two due to work and last week cos I was croc!...

Thanks again for sharing your images...gives me the push I need to keep trying....

Steve

Thanks again guys.:)

Steve, I am by no means a genius, and I am sure you are not rubbish.

Bring a disc of some of your raw data to the next SSG meet and I will do the same and we can swap and see whats what.

Mike.

Thanks Mike...I sure will....was going to bring my laptop along on Friday..best laid plans and all that.

I'll drop my latest M100 stuff on to a CD for the next meet.

To be honest (this time!...)..although I still think you are a genius!

I think my biggest issue is collecting enough subs. I'm not getting anywhere enough data as I just don't seem to be getting enough imaging sessions in (time..time..!). I think also my approach may be flawed..I'm trying to capture LRGB all in on session but should be focusing on getting a large number of luminance frames first to build the detail..and then worrying about adding the colour later. I'm just so inpatient, thinking I can prodce detailed images by rushing it...just doesn't work..

Steve

Thanks Dandobi will do.:D

Thanks Mike...I sure will....was going to bring my laptop along on Friday..best laid plans and all that.

I'll drop my latest M100 stuff on to a CD for the next meet.

To be honest (this time!...)..although I still think you are a genius!

I think my biggest issue is collecting enough subs. I'm not getting anywhere enough data as I just don't seem to be getting enough imaging sessions in (time..time..!). I think also my approach may be flawed..I'm trying to capture LRGB all in on session but should be focusing on getting a large number of luminance frames first to build the detail..and then worrying about adding the colour later. I'm just so inpatient, thinking I can prodce detailed images by rushing it...just doesn't work..

Steve

Yes steve time put in at the scope pays off big time in the final result.:headbang:

I keep goning with the luminance untill I am happy with the result and then I throw in another night on the L for good luck.:)

Mike.

Archived