Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

So what do you guys do for a living?

GazOC

The funny thing with astro forums (fora) is you know what telescope someone has but [removed word] all else about him!

I know James is a composer, Bill and Moonhunter are students and Russ is a Council Tax leech :) but what about the rest?

How do you pay for your scopes? :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Gaz this is going to make me instantly unpopular - but I've worked for the Inland Revenue for the past 23 years.

Job could be on the line though because of my recent sick record! :)

Have I got any friends left now on this forum?

So youre a tax inspecter on the sick? I dread to think how much you are costing us tax payers!!! :) :)

Yes I knew that Gaz. And ofcourse you can call me Andy (as that's my name).

Thanks James, too :)

Spot on! I was just checking.

I don't always insisit on a title either, the O'Connors are the last High Kings of Ireland and I let that slide.

:) :) :)

I work for Lloyds TSB Bank in Commercial Finance. I ave worked there for 13 Years as a Client Service Administrator Manager but also get involved with training of internal staff.

Rob

:)

P.s Yes another blumming accountant

I work in Furniture, not sure for how much longer.

My current company imports furniture from Thailand and China and supplies the trade - Harveys / Furniture Village / Land of Leather and a few big independant shops.

Good fun most of the time. Don't think I'm going to be doing it much longer to be honest!

Ant

IT Manager for Jordans Cereals.

Been here for just over 5 years. Was an analyst programmer prior to that.

We have just started building a new warehouse, with a third party, and there will be a year of systems integration. It's going be a LONG 12 months!!!

Daz

Hi gaz,No the scopes not arrived yet, alan is posting it on the 30th. Anyway I cant use it straight away - I'm living in student digs in guildford and arranged for the scope to be sent home in somerset, I'll probably have to wait unitil mid-october before I go back to Somerset for a weekend to try it out! Fingers crossed the clouds keep away and I get some decent seeing conditions. :)

Hi guys i am an inventory controller for a boi-tech company. Invitrogen Inc

I work permanent nightshift so midweek astronomy is not an option I'm afraid though i am able to see all the

late night meteor showers (when the cloud/moon allows).

I started out as a Butcher then went into construction from there i did lorry driving for a few years.

When the opportunity came up i decided to start using my brain instead of my brawn.

I'm still waiting for the brain to start working though. :)

OK, guys, I told you I was in Local Government - I'm the Licensing Officer for the 9th largest Borough Council in England. That makes me a bit unpopular at present with those who who live near pubs, and who have objected to extensions of hours etc, and where I've rejected their objections - but, hey, that's life!

What else do you need to know? Apart from I'm underpaid, overworked, etc and by the way I DO pay toward my pension - ask Russ!! (I guess he's not really a leech). Don't believe all that you read in the Mail! (or Sun/ Times / Grauniad / Independant etc). I could say loads more, but I'll stop there.

M/Leo

Archived