Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Damn this living on the coast.

LukeSkywatcher

Today was a red hot day with clear blue skies 9not as clear or blue as they were when there were no planes flying over). I was doing some solar observing in the afternoon with my 90EQ and had great plans to spend a night under the stars cuz the temp tonight is gonna be about 13C.

In the last hour of so a heavy sea fog has rolled in and i can barely see the end of my garden let alone anything celestial. Hopefully it wil clear as the night goes on.

Hope it stayed clear for you Luke. I've just been out with my Celestron 90 showing the kids the moon, mars and saturn. They were really blown away by the moon and saturn which was great. Have to say the moon is looking mighty fine tonight.

I saw Saturn a couple of yrs ago when its rings were open and it knocked my socks off with my 90EQ. I just havent had much luck with it since i bought the 130P in December 09.

Mind you...............the night is warm and the beer is cold.

I may not get out at all.LOL.

I also live on the coast guys and the weather has been glorious every day all week and every night cloudy with sea mist! :D

Hope you get better viewing conditions, enjoy!

Clear skies

Mark

Apparently it was quite nice at home all day yesterday, as I got steadily closer to home a layer of thin cloud developed.

Today is supposed to be about 26c wall to wall sunshine - I have a house full round later for a BBQ and I'll give you one guess where I live!

Ant

Archived