Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first pic of saturn....

sn00p

Now im after lots of help i have 2 long-ish Avi's (well 2mins approx each) i need to process and see what i can get? this was from about 500 frames... without any clue on how to set this camera and software up... Any advice and offers to help SHOW and guide me would be much appreciated :-)

Sn00p - it looks great to me. Is it really without a Barlow? How did you attach the camera?

There's another thread on the Astro lounge with someone asking about getting a camera attached to a Skymax 127. Perhaps you could offer advice?

Now im after lots of help i have 2 long-ish Avi's (well 2mins approx each) i need to process and see what i can get? this was from about 500 frames... without any clue on how to set this camera and software up... Any advice and offers to help SHOW and guide me would be much appreciated :-)

As you are asking for someone to SHOW you, perhaps you could give some idea of your location? Alternatively, check out your local astro society?

Many Thanks for the info... Yes it was without any kind of lens/barlow just popped the camera directly into my diagonal... cemtered target as best i could and tracked manually with my synscan handset.

Ive read the tutorial suggested and looking forwrd to spending some more time with Saturn. Its my favorite planet... I'll post back with a barlowed version as soon as i get a chance :-)

Good result.

The only things I would add to the already good advice is that 2 min avi's whilst being OK, would be a little on the short side. With your setup I would try stretching out to 4 min or even longer.

The other tip is fairly minor and in any case you had no choice due to your late start. But if you can, try to image the planet as high in the sky as possible, to improve seeing and lessen the atmospheric dispersion which causes the blue fringe at the top of your image and the red at the bottom.

Archived