Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bits and bobs sales?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have ordered 3 lots from the astroboot in the past week! first two arrived promptly and all was in order. Had a bit of a bigger splurge in my third order which should arrive tomorrow. Interestingly i also ordered the telrad dew cover that andrew has received above, so they must have more than one of some items in stock.

Stephen

Interestingly i also ordered the telrad dew cover that andrew has received above, so they must have more than one of some items in stock.

Stephen

Yeah I've just ordered a few things from them and the Telrad Dew

Shield was one of them as well so I guess they have a few of them.

Kathleen

My second lot is coming tomorrow. As I discovered with my first order, if you order some thing that's gone they just remove it from your order and don't charge you for it. They seem to be very well organized with this boot sale. I hope they continue to run the rest of the business like this. It's like dealing with a different firm!

Oh and yes, some items do seem to have multiple stocks. Even things you'd think were one off's.

2nd parcel in my road to T adaptor Domination arrived today so once Parcel 3 arrives a few minutes onthe lathe and I should have a nice range of t extension tubes going up in steps...

Forgot about the 6x20 finder and mount as well it will need a bit of work to adjust the angle on the base to be able to co-align it with the base.. but thats what rainy days are for...

I'm still very happy with the Prices the Comms and the Free Delivery... :D

Peter...

Oh Well order #4 placed that should do it ... well until tomorrow :p

So far it's....

2 x 5mm T extensions

4 x 10mm T extensions

1 x 60mm T extension

3 x M-M T adaptors

1 x C - T Adaptor

1 x 6x20 Finder and Bracket

1 x 6x30 Corrected Finder and Bracket

All for £38.50 ;)

hmmm, that didn't last very long though.. Just placed another order. Only £11 this time. Couldn't resist the Teflon sheet and ordered two other small bits for free postage (an eyepiece shelf and a ball and socket head with camera thread) ..

Ordered three bits on Thursday:

- Hybrid diagonal (£5)

- 2" nosepiece extension (£5)

- 2" "TeleVue" diagonal (£25)

Got shipping confirmation on Friday, and they arrived today. The TeleVue was marked as having a dirty mirror. In fact, it was actually fairly clean, but quite scratched, and there's no evidence that it really is TV. So that's going back.

The 2" nosepiece extension doesn't fit on my 2" filter threads. It goes in one turn then jams. Must be a different thread, so that's gonig back.

Takahashi:

These are the items I was talking about.

The camera's great :D

Andrew

Ah, sorry... must brush-up on my read-the-rest-of-the-thread skills. :D

I had a similar situation earlier this week, with the zoom eyepiece I mentioned earlier. "A1 condition" supposedly, but with a tiny yet unavoidably noticeable glob of grease on one of the internal elements, (which comes into perfect focus around the 16mm f/l mark). Should be serviceable, but annoying nonetheless given the sale description.

I'm also awaiting delivery of a 5" MakCass, but having paid for it seven days ago and still not received it, my patience is wearing thin. I've made 5 phone calls to them since Monday, which has got me no further than "we don't know why it hasn't shipped yet", and yet another (so-far) unfulfilled promise to phone me back today. I've just phoned them again, only to hear the phone ring-out constantly. It's such a waste to have an amazing idea tainted by shoddy implementation/execution.

All my parcels have arrived in good time and the items ordered have been spot on. But yesterday, thanks to Rob, i got my best buy yet......Speers-Waler 14mm UWA :D

Archived