Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Starman

NGC 4565, Skywatcher 80ED

Conditions weren't ideal through the middle of this session with haze reducing the limiting magnitude quite significantly. There was also a problem at the end of the session when the camera hit the mount :D. This affected the 2x2 binned blue run. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the image my old 80mm scope has delivered especially as this is the first time I've imaged this object.

NGC4565-LRGB_crop.jpg

Edited by Starman

Stunning Pete.

Wow! What a cracking image from an 80mm Frac! :D

Cheers

Jon

Very nice Pete, I've got this on my 'to do' list but there's so many great galaxies in that part of the sky, it's hard to pick just one!

Tony..

Stunning image Pete from a less than perfect session :D

Amazing image through an affordable scope, I have admired your posts since getting into this expensive hobby 18 months ago..... :)

Guy..

Really nice, and with lots of other fuzzies on view. That gives hope to the likes of me, just starting out on the imaging path, with less than perfect equipment.

Thanks again for the continued comments. For someone that's not been doing much DSO imaging recently having been stuck in the Solar System, the change of scenery has been quite refreshing - if a little tiring :D.

Great result. The ED80 rules the roost for budget imaging in my view. What can you say to this?

On my monitor it looks as if there is a high red caste making things a bit pink. It might be me. cos my monitor hs been driving me nuts!

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice

Thanks Olly.

Now you say it looks pink I can see pink. Damn the power of suggestion :D

Pete - Lovely astro photo of NGC 4565. Many of us had the pleasure of viewing this galaxy with a 20" Dob at SGL5 over the weekend. Your photo brings back that enjoyable experience. Thanks Pete

Mark

wow that is just incredible!!!! Excellent work Pete.

That's an ace photo, just shows you what you can do with a relatively cheap refractor and a lot of skill!

Yes as has been said before, there's a lot the little 80mm ED refractors can achieve.