Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which one is best?

cyroflame

Hey all, just quickly! i have heard so much about both of these and am finding it hard to choose! if you had to choose, which of these would you pick!?

SKYWATCHER EXPLORER-130M 130mm (5.1") f/900 MOTORISED Newtonian Reflector Telescope

SKYWATCHER EXPLORER-130P F/650 Parabolic Newtonian Reflector Telescope Package

Skywatcher Explorer 130P Supertrak Telescope Package

Personally I'd find an extra tenner from somewhere and buy this:

Dobsonians - Skywatcher Skyliner 150P Dobsonian

Sorry if that adds to the confusion !.

For a tenner extra..................you get 20mm more apeture?.

Bit of a no brainer IF you can manage and store the Skyliner 150P.

Absolutely go with the SkyWatcher Skyliner 150P Dob.

I agree get the largest mirror you can afford. I have been through a number of telescopes and a 150mm will outperform all those scopes you list.

I have found FLO to be an excellent reliable supplier with good after sales service...just takes the worry out of buying..worth more than a tenner!

Mark

If you want a 'scope purely for visual use then the dobsonian is the better choice.

If you're considering using the 'scope for any kind of imaging then the SW 130M would be a better choice. I started out with a second hand 130PM and I was pleased with it visually and it was an ideal introduction into imaging with a webcam.

Another alternative would be the SW 150P EQ3-2. This does not come with a motorised mount but would give you more aperture than the 130 and the motor drive is available as an add on for the future when you want to have a go at imaging.

Hope this doesn't cause more confusion :)

Ian

Hey all!

thanks for the very helpful comments, the only thing that has put off about the dob are these two things.

1)the mount and base would not be suitable for where i live as to get a clear view i will have to go to the beach, so the stand would not be very sturdy

2) i am interested in doing some basic photography so i think i will stick with the explorer range.

So now i know i will stick with the sw explorer range, my question is.

what is better,

SW 130m or 130pm supatrak auto?

Archived