SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sent me damages stock & initially claimed that I was responsible! I sent photos & they immediately realised that they had sent me a damaged unit (Zeiss EP). Refunded but not the postage. Rude by email. BAD EXPERIENCE & I WOULD NEVER EVER EVER USE THEM AGAIN!

• 9 months later...

I have bought many telescope items from this german company called APM. I have had excellent service from them and I alway's recieved my items from them in good time (sometimes the next day!!!).

APM offer a very good website of their products and the website is available in English translation (just by clicking the British flag in the top right corner of the page) :)

This company is really good to me and they had helped me quite considerably as well especially when I had bad experiences with Telescope Planet at the time!!

Check them out!!!!

www.apm-telescopes.de

I ordered a Skywatcher 127 Mak tube and SW EQ-5 GOTO mount from APM. However with the past problems of me trying to mount the tube due to the dovetail being the wrong type since yesterday.

I quickly informed APM about the problem, And they are sending me the correct type of dovetail free of charge.

Excellent service and very understanding!!!!

I ordered a 80mm F/6 APO together with a field flattener and UHC filter from APM last week on Tuesday, and it arrived on Thursday (really nice and quick). The packaging was excellent, with the scope coming in a sturdy little aluminium case, which was placed in a cardboard box lined with bubble wrap, and the other components in a separate box packed with bubble wrap. These two boxes came in a large cardboard box filled with styrofoam chips. As expected with such care, the scope arrived in good collimation.

I could track the parcel through the UPS tracking service very precisely. This allowed me to tell people at work I was going to work from home the day of arrival. I have done business with other on-line retailers in this arena, and they often use different services from UPS which do not allow such detailed tracking.

Their website is well-organized though sometimes newer items only have a German description. For me this is not a problem, but for some this may be a drawback.

• 1 year later...

I was in the market for a new Alt Az mounting for a portable scope setup I am currently putting together (mounting a 4” Apo refractor). I emailed Markus Ludes at APM telescopes asking for honest appraisal of a number of mounting solutions listed on their website. Approximately 4 hours later I had a detailed response listing advantages and disadvantages of a number of possibilities with a recommendation of the mount he thought most appropriate given my desire to keep overall weight to a minimum.

I then placed an order for a Tele Optic Ercole Mount and a Berlebach non marring jaw. Markus quickly emailed me apologising that the Berlebach Jaw was out of stock but he had ordered some which would take a couple of days after which he would dispatch the whole package.

A couple of days later I received an automated update email stating that my order had been dispatched with a DHL tracking number. 4 days after that (across a weekend) I was signing for my new mount. The amount of protective packaging was obvious, and appreciated, to protect my new investment.

Good service from start to finish.

• 2 months later...

I'd like to say a big thank you to Markus Ludes of APM Telescopes Germany, he was patient and kind all the way through from the first point of contact to the point when my scope was mounted and being used.

I never thought that buying a quality imaging scope for wide field would be so difficult, the brands are too many to mention as am sure you are aware, some dealers would insist that a skywatcher 80mm doublet would suffice in UK skies and that and £1500 more would simply be wasted (although they would happily sell you a camera that would be more than capable on the back of a 4K+ scope). Most of these dealers hadn’t access to any other brands but either their own imported version of the same scope or similar to each other.

Then there was a run of offerings of scopes that had actually not been manufactured and so had no proven track record.

An email was sent to APM, the CEO Markus Ludes kindly replied at 10:38 pm on a Saturday night five minutes after I sent the original enquiry! Markus explained the APM tie in with his lens cell manufacturers, he explained the QC he insists on, he also explained some of the developments he had undergone over the years and after a few more emails some of the benefits, he also went into great detail about reducers and such, I want to point out by this time there was no pressure of a sale suggested.

After maybe a few emails over a couple of weeks I placed the order with Markus, by the time I’d made my decision to commit he had sold all pre orders of the 2.5” focuser version, not to worry I got an upgrade to 3” J

Updates were sent every time there was a major event, ship left, ships docking, scopes arrived, scope shipped (tracking), and best of all ‘how your scope doing?’

The APM 107 APO is a masterpiece of engineering, a real beauty, I am so glad I bought this scope.. 10/10

A big thank you to Markus Ludes and the staff at APM.

• 4 months later...

Yesterday I got a package from APM, ordered on the 21st. It contained Lunt 1.25" Herschel wedge, including ND3, Polarising, and Baader Solar Continuum filters. It was all packed very thoroughly, and first APM, and then UPS kept me posted about the progress very effectively. I also like the new layout of the APM web shop. I find it easier to navigate than the old (which good, but this is better). I also like the fact that I can pay through the Dutch iDeal bank transfer system at no cost.

End result: one very pleased customer.

• 1 year later...

Just a quick note.

I have had my eye on an Ha scope for some time, and what with the recent sunshine and various SGLers having had.similar thoughts on which they have carried through - displaying their results for us all to see - I finally woke up on beautiful sunny Sunday morning and decided to send an email to APM this morning to clarify a few points.

I didn't expect to hear anything back until Monday but Markus got straight back to me, not just once but three times throughout the day, each time with helpful advice and knowledge.

Suffice to say that the order has been placed and I am looking forward to joining the solar brigade...

I have used APM a few times now for bits and (eye) pieces and always found their levels of service to be exemplary. However I never expected to have that level of personal service on a Sunday.

Whilst suppliers like Markus, Ian king and Michael at Sumerian make our wallets a little thinner their dedication and personal commitment make our choices a little easier and and the world we live in a much happier place to be...;-)

Thank you all....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick follow up to my original post, if the Mods will let me.

I placed my order with APM on the Sunday night fully expecting it not to be completed for at least two to three weeks maybe even four according to the availability on the website.

I had ordered a fair amount of kit, including the Lunt LS60, a new mount, the wedge and some eyepieces.

However I got the notification by the Friday that the order had been completed and dispatched that day. Add in UPS's standard three working day delivery and low an behold it turned up safe and secure in three well packed boxes on the Tuesday.

A few queries later, always promptly answered by the APM team, and a gap in the clouds as well as my work diary and I managed to get first light today.

I couldn't be happier with my kit, the advice given, the speed of turnaround and continued support.

10/10 for service.

Thanks guys.

Kieran

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived