NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Kielder Autumn

Dixie

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't suppose that would matter for this autumn Daz.....They will be booked at least a season in advance mate....That's what i would do if i wanted to guarantee one....

I am sure you have to book them direct through the site owners....Go on you never know...

Hi Daz

At the spring event there was no power in the hutches BUT the guys using them were putting a line in through the window / door from the socket points. And as Jamie and Karlo said they are booked already for Autumn. I was in the shop when Diane was placing her and Tom's name down as reserve for the non-electric side, so they're booked solid too.

HTH

Ann

Hi Daz,

Ann is correct. The top field hutches have power points outside. The bottom field don't and are unlikely to in the future.

All hutches have been booked but I don't know for how many or which days. Phone Jan at the campsite and stick your name down just in case ?

Dave

That's OK, I am unlikely to be able to make this year, so forward planning is the name of the game!

If I can run a line in through the window, that will be perfect!

:(

You can on the top field only at the moment.

Moves are afoot to carry on the good work re improvements. Jan has said in the past that she'd like more hutches. When she told us the price they are to hire, never mind buy, I can understand the community's reluctance to put the money down.

Just how forward you need to be regarding booking is going to become a race. Rather like Kelling but on a very tiny scale. :(

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Aye.... the lads who were in the hutches said that the cables could come in thru the window - but that you couldnt close the windows.....and taking that the temperature dipped a tad to -11 I would well reccommend taking something like bubble wrap to block the gaps....and a bit gaffa tape or similar to seal it up.....

Whats all this talk about hutches anyway......bloooooooomin' softeeees :D

• 3 weeks later...
:D:hello2:

Whoohoo Just got confirmation 3x nights in the leccy field for Autumn !!

See yer there chaps !!

See ya there mate, Craig and I will be in the hard standing leccy area....

Gary

• 2 months later...

Its gettin closer, lookin forward to it already. Confirmed with Blinky tonight that we are indeed booked. Canny wait now, those dark skies, the anglers, and not least the folks there, a great weekend with like minded nutters..... lol

Gary

I won't make it cos i'm off to Kenya....... WAHEEYY..... I think I might be a tad warmer than you lot... the last time I was there it was sleeping bag inside a sleeping bag and all my clothes on for bed.... it was still great fun..... and as i'm not going - anyone want to borrow this lot.... obviously not the clothes bit,lol

I am really interested in going to this event if there are any spaces left but I am a complete novice so wondered what others who have been could advise.

I do lots of camping (including Scotland at -14) so that aspect is not a problem, just wondering about how novices are viewed by everyone else and if there is anything specific equipment wise I need to know apart from red light rules.

Paul

I am really interested in going to this event if there are any spaces left but I am a complete novice so wondered what others who have been could advise.

I do lots of camping (including Scotland at -14) so that aspect is not a problem, just wondering about how novices are viewed by everyone else and if there is anything specific equipment wise I need to know apart from red light rules.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm already booked up for this and am happy to admit i'm very much a novice too. By all accounts everyone is very friendly and welcoming and i suppose everyone has to start somewhere.

Get yourself booked up and just dive in i say!

Archived