NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M82 and more Ha

harry page

Hi

I started this last year and was happy with the core detail , but I needed some more Ha To which I added 10 hrs to last week, so it now stands

I ) lum 9hrs with sxvf h16

2) 14 hrs RGB with sxvf m25

3) 22 hrs ha with sxvf h16

4) taken with 14" f5 newt

Processed in pixinsight and a bit of help in photoshop crybaby2.gif

The ha is so faint and at this focal lenth my scope is probaley not fast enough

High res version at http://www.harrysastroshed.com/Image%20html/M82.html

Comments as always very welcome

Harry

Still not right , but will get the ha right one day icon_biggrin.gif

post-16736-133877436198_thumb.jpg

Fantastic, some of the best Ha detail I've seen on M82. You've spent a heck of a long time on the luminence and colour on what is a pretty bright target without much extended nebulosity. Did that gain you much Harry? Certainly the more time on Ha the better as your 22 hours demonstrates, just curious about the other data.

You've not got the red mist come down on you, Harry?????? I've seen this mental state come over cyclists on the climb of Mont Ventoux. You might become an astronomical Tommy Simpson. Harry's last words; 'Put me back on the observing stool, I need more Ha!'

Olly

Blimey, that is certainly deep.

And an excellent showcase for PixInsight; I'm glad there are others out there using this excellent program.

It's quite funny re-reading the original post, oh just "another 10 hours of data added to it" as if it were another walk in the park. Of course we know that couldn't be further from the truth! It takes me all night just to get one or two hours of data, so I can appreciate what went into this. I wonder what ranges of sub-exposure times were used to make this image?

It's quite funny re-reading the original post, oh just "another 10 hours of data added to it" as if it were another walk in the park. Of course we know that couldn't be further from the truth! It takes me all night just to get one or two hours of data, so I can appreciate what went into this. I wonder what ranges of sub-exposure times were used to make this image?

Archived