Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Terminator mosaic (incl X)

Helen

This is my first success at a mosaic (last time I posted a number of shots and Ian kindly put them together for me:)). It also uses some of the techniques I learnt on Sunday :)

Taken with a DMK21 on a Megrez 90 with a 2.5 powermate between 9:11 and 9:16 on 22 March 2010. Stacked in Registax5, assembled in ICE, and finished in CS2. I'm not quite sure I've got the brightness right - what do you think? (And I wish I'd decided to do the whole of the moon rather than just the terminator :mad:)

Helen

post-13020-133877435533_thumb.jpg

That's excellent Helen. I know what you mean when you say that you wished that you had done the whole Moon. My first mosaic (I've only done two so far) was only the terminator.

I think the brightness is fine, although just at the top of the image it is verging on being too bright. If you had done the whole Moon with the same exposure some of it would have been saturated, but as it is, it is fine.

I look forward to seeing lunar images from your C11.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Archived