Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello

Loti

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I join (Astra estate )

The Vauxhall Astra estate is a very underated vehicle....Especially the non turbo diesel version :laugh:. May I say that mine has actually been on track at Mallory Park!!! Ok, you have to cross the track to get to the paddock!!

If I had to give up biking then my weapon of choice would be ....A Lotus :wink:

I did have a trip in an Exige last year....A friend of mine has one in the village. Corrrr... :p :p

I'm sad to say an Exige was a little out my allowance, shame, had to settle for getting a hard top for the Elise and just pretending. :wink:

Underated Astra Estate, not so sure on that one, but I test drove a New Astravan round Millbrook proving ground a couple of weeks ago and managed to get it up to 120mph on the high speed ring, it just took about 3 laps to get there so fine if your patient.

Just looked at the Fiat 124, need to be brave with that suspension and Chassis :p, bet it was great fun though.

Anyway the Transit wins hands down, no matter how fast you are, they is always a transit trying to flash you out the way. :laugh:

We run older Astravan turbo deisels here at the work, and they're weapons compared to all the other vans. If you want to rack up a few penalty points it's the very thing for you, easily capable of 120mph on the motorway and acceleration is very respectable too. Especially if your mate's a mechanic and dials up the boost a tad.

Just looked at the Fiat 124, need to be brave with that suspension and Chassis :wink:, bet it was great fun though.

:laugh:

Mine was a 1970 124 Sport Coupe. It used to corner like it was on rails. I raced a Triumph GT6+ one night on the secondary highways behind Welland, up by the new jail. We went round the curve there at 102mph. I couldn't catch him, but I kept up with him, and he had two more cylinders than I had. It was exhiliarating! Oh to be young!

I used to leave 8-cylinder Gremlins in my dust, though. And MGB-GTs. :p

I worked with a guy who drove a Lotus and it really wound him up because every time he stopped in a garage to fill up, someone would come up to him and say “Lotus eh? Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious” He said that apart from the leaks around the soft top, and the jerks in the garages, it was great.

Archived