NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Warehouse Express

MartinB

I've been kitting myself out for wide field astro work recently. Warehouse Express kept cropping up in my searches. The name is very uninspiring - smacks of stack em high sell em cheap. However, I found the web site very helpful and have subsequently made a few purchases.

I have had some excellent phone conversations with people who are clearly enthusiasts themselves and extremely helpful. The ordering and delivery has been very efficient.

My first purchase was a lens and I wasn't sure it would work with a clip filter. I was reassured that I could return it if there was a problem. I dind't have to put this to the test and I guess the test of a good dealer is their response when things go wrong but so far so good with this company.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to buy an EQ-6 but wanted it delivered to save me carrying heavy and bulky boxes around. Warehouse Express seemed to have a good price so off went my order. I paid extra to have a before 9:00 am on Friday delivery.

9 came and went, no delivery. A call to W.E. followed - the guy I spoke to was very helpful. From what he could see, Parcelforce attempted a delivery at 8:37. No they didn't, I was at the kitchen window from 8 till 9 and not even a mouse could get to the door without me seeing.

Anyway, I had to abandon and go to work. Parcel force delivered at 11:30 and my neighbour was kind enough to take it in.

However, there was only one parcel, and an EQ-6 comes in two...

A call back to WE revealed Parcelforce had no idea where the other part was... It arrived the following Tuesday, taken in by my neighbour again.

W.E.have refunded my postage and apologised for the problem.

Parcelforce have advised me to fill in one of their claim forms as they failed to deliver. So I will do that.

Funny thing - last September I had a new computer delivered and guess what? Yep, exactly the same thing happened...

So, full marks to Warehouse Express, none to Parcelforce.

• 1 month later...

To add to my previous post about a faulty EQ-6 I sent back to Warehouse Express. I upgraded my order to an EQ-6 Pro and they very kindly sent it next day delivery at no cost! Very nice gesture.

• 10 months later...

I decided I wanted a Skywatcher Startravel 80 as my first scope. I asked FLO, but they were out of stock at the time. A web search came up with Warehouse Express, who had the same package (scope, EQ1, 2 eyepieces, Barlow) for £2 more than FLO, but in stock.

When I placed an on-line order, I was offered next-day delivery, but I wanted a Saturday delivery. That cost a little more - I think £7.50 delivery rather than the standard £4.00. The package was delivered as promised on Saturday morning, intact, all the bits present.

If I want accessories, upgrades or advice, I'll go back to FLO. I don't suppose there's anybody at Warehouse Express who actually knows about astronomy. I think they are "box shifters." But in my case, they shifted the relevant box with perfect efficiency, so I'm happy with the transaction. (Especially as, by luck, I got in ahead of the SkyWatcher price rise.)

Mary

• 1 year later...

Ordered this on monday evening, it was processed on tuesday and sent on wednesday next day recorded delivery.

Item came today and I am very pleased with their service, they are clear with items that are in stock and those that are not and are cheaper other companies.

Would definitely recommend them and will be going back. :)

• 1 month later...

I ordered a SW raci 9x50 finder 15:50 hrs on Friday and took the paid for option of buying Saturday delivery, thinking, "wow next day on a Saturday". When it didn't arrive, it turns out that parcel force had forgotten to scan it in correctly. WEX were great, I told them late on saturday, they chased up first thing on Monday, it arrive today, as did a refund on the shipping fees. The parcel was clearly marked for Saturday delivery with a shipped date for the Friday. Parcel force seem to have dropped the ball again...

Good customer service from WEX for chasing up and a quick refund of the shipping cost.

I would definitely use WEX again, but I would be less optimistic about shipping times via parcel force. ;-/

Haven't ordered anything from this supplier for a while but decided to give them a go as they had what I wanted in stock and claimed to deliver next day if ordered before 6:30pm for a few pounds extra. Placed order at 6:20pm yesterday and it arrived at 8:20am this morning. :eek:

Guess I'll have to put them on my preferred suppliers list now. :grin:

John

• 2 years later...

I recently purchased a 200p Skywatcher dob from Wex Photograpic and found their service yet again flawless. I've used this retailer in the past on a couple of occasions as they never charged me any additional shipping to Northern Ireland. Most other outlets wanted an additional £20-30! £278 & delivered to my door in three days, not too shabby!

• 3 months later...

I recently bought a Borg 100 Achro with a missing objective cap. Saw these guys selling Lens Coat Hoodie Lens Cap - Large - black.

Ordered late, last friday nite with 1 day delivery option.   Despatched Saturday.  E mail etc confirming so.

Delivered today at 2 pm.

Very impressed.

Photo attached showing cover in place.   

Thanks    John

post-2880-0-67398100-1435593272_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...

When I was searching for the right weapon to spend my christmas money on earlier this month I found that Wex Photographic had a deal on a returned Skywatcher Explorer 150P EQ3-2. The deal meant that my available funds stretched to a bit more scope than I could have afforded. 

I made some enquiries of Wex via their live chat facility and was dealt with very promptly and in a friendly fashion. Some of the questions I had took a little time as the employee had to nip off and clarify things but he returned and provided the answers I needed. He even arranged for me to take advantage of an offer they had for a half price set of filters when purchased with a particular new scope.

Having finished the live chat session I phoned the sales team and explained that I had asked about the scope and offer. The sales team member knew exactly what I was talking about and had been informed about the deal I had been promised. Sale proecessed very swiftly and without fuss.

Good to their word, within a few days I arrived home from work to find a large box, a smaller (but vastly heavier box) and a jiffy bag awaiting me. The scope and mount may have been returns not in original packaging but the dispatch team had done a fantastic job preparing safe, secure packaging for the scope and mount. Apart from a couple of minor blemishes where the scope had been fitted to the mount previously, the kit was in 'as new' condition. 

I am a very satisfied customer and will happily head for Wex Photographic again when researching future purchases.

Archived