Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from wiltshire

mason

Hi new friends,

Im Chris from chippenham wiltshire and have been interested in astronomy since i was a little nipper. Im 34 now and have just started getting into astropotography. Not as simple as first thought, so im hopeing for a few tips and tricks from like minded people like yourselves.

Welcome

Wiltshire has a huge astro community. I am just down from you in Cherhill, nr Marlborough/Avebury, and Wiltshire Astro Society meets in Seend which is 10 minutes from you The Wiltshire Astronomical Society Homepage

Myself , Pete Vasey, Grant Privett and a few more write for some of the national astronomy magazines (I write for Astronomy Now)/do lots of imaging and we can help on imaging topics so if you need any help/advice, feel free to ask. This forum also has some of the best imagers you can find ready and willing to help.

There's also Swindon Stargazers who meet on Fridays if you think that is easier for you to get to

(Wiltshire Astro meet on Tuesdays, and our April talk will be unmissable for you, as it's Steve "Steppenwolf" Richards, from BBC Sky at Night Magazine, on imaging).

Welcome to SGL

Chris

Two other things. both Wiltshire Astro/Swindon Star Gazers and the Salisbury Plain Observing group have regular observing nights. WAS meet in Lacock (again 5 mins from you) last Friday of the month (check our website for info) in the red lion pub, and then in the field behind it. SPOG meet regularly also, but speak to those guys about times/dates etc... both are really friendly :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Welcome from Wiltshire. The people on this site are really friendly to newcomers and extremely helpful.

The SPOG (Salisbury Plain Observing Group) now has its own website and they are a really great bunch meeting in the Rose and Crown at Tilshead - next "home meet" on the 19th March at 8pm.

The Wiltshire Astro Soc is meeting tonight (Tuesday 2nd March) at Seend village hall and I was made very welcome there at my first meeting last month. Will be going again tonight for definite (a talk on the radio sky).

Hope this whets your appetite.

David B.

Archived