Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the mugshot with the scope, as requested (sorry about the size) :p

20121130_201245.jpg

Didn't have enough time to take it out tonight and there was a bit of cloud cover which ruined the views somewhat. But aiming it out of the house with the front door open for 30 minutes, I could still see the moon and make out the bands around Jupiter. Don't know what the neighbours would have thought if they'd seen me.

It's a pretty nice bit of kit! Very happy. Just need to do some research into eye pieces and what not now.

Well the scopes goin outside in a bit. Gonna be on jupiter watch the grs is due on the central meridian at 7.45 ish tonight so should be visible about an hour before and after an i think a little moon watch is on the cards.

Nice pic Anthony bet your pleased with the new scope mate. Paul

Hope you have fun Paul. I will be heading out to a dark site I have obtained though a friend of my brother tonight. If you are all heading somewhere in the next couple of weeks I would very much like to come along though.

Steve, once I have been to the place and am comfortable with the farmer who is letting us use it I will give you a shout. It's about 5 minutes away from the Bassetts Pole island on the way to Tamworth.

Bought a Celestron X-Cel LX 7mm EP today and a 2 x barlow, so should be a fun night.

Hope you have fun Paul. I will be heading out to a dark site I have obtained though a friend of my brother tonight. If you are all heading somewhere in the next couple of weeks I would very much like to come along though.

Steve, once I have been to the place and am comfortable with the farmer who is letting us use it I will give you a shout. It's about 5 minutes away from the Bassetts Pole island on the way to Tamworth.

Bought a Celestron X-Cel LX 7mm EP today and a 2 x barlow, so should be a fun night.

Sounds good. Let me know how you get on.

• 2 weeks later...

According to both the Met Office and AccuWeather there is a clear band passing over Birmingham between midnight and 4am. I will be grabbing the opportunity, even if it's just a couple of hours lying on the sun lounger in the garden.

(I don't know why it's called a sun lounger, I've never used it in daylight!)

• 4 weeks later...

So has anyone managed to get out and do some observing?

Found any more good sites to use?

It's terrible at the moment, I haven't been out for ages due to the bad weather and being sooo busy over Xmas! :(

Had a 2" Skywatcher UHC for Xmas and really want to get out for a look at Orion's Nebula and the like!!

Dan.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived