Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Happy to be here...

nbrus

Hello everyone...

...this forum kept coming up in my Google astronomy searches, so I though I might as well join.;)

I have always had an interest in astronomy, but never got around to making it a hobby until now. It was watching fantastic programs like 'Universe' (History channel) and 'Extreme Universe' (Nat Geo channel) together with my first view of Orion through binoculars that made me decide to take this up as a hobby.

I have just purchased a Sky-Watcher Heritage 130P FlexTube™ 130mm (5.1") f/650 Parabolic Dobsonian, but have yet to get a chance to use it properly due to cloudy weather. I found it needed collimating, and that took me some time to figure out how to do this properly ... even with instructions. The main problem is that there are not many well illustrated article that describe the process clearly, so that a complete beginner can understand ... though the process is actually pretty simple when done once.

Needless to say I have many questions that need answers and hope to have many interesting discussions with the many helpful and knowledgeable members here.

I am currently learning my way around the sky ... slowly ... and hope to be making more posts soon.;)

Archived