Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette Reprocess

blinky

Nice Craig, there's loads going on in there. There are loads of stars as you said, if it were mine I'd be trying to reduce the stars 'impact' if you know what I mean, for me they detract from the beuty of the neb.

But, thats just my opinion. It is a cracking image and one I'd be proud of.

Gaz

Ah, now for me thats better. More natural looking and the stars aint stealing the show!! Now, just humor me here, try adding diff. spikes to the bigger stars. Might not work, but I like diff. spikes and always try adding them. They dont always work but is good to try.........................

Gaz

Gaz - I know what you mean, I wish there was a way to select an area of the image to have spikes applied to. Guess thats what the expensive version is for.

But there is a way!! You can use a PS selection tool to pick out a specific star then run the star spikes action. Then use the "as selection" (or some such - not got access to PS at the mo) and it will just include the spikes in the selection. Alternatively, run the spkes tool normally. then run " as a layer on top". This creates the spiked image as a layer on top of an unspiked background. Now you can fiddle with the opacity to adjust the spikes to taste or under layers you can select layer mask, hide all. Then using a white paint brush paint over the spkes you want to reveal.

The other way is to open a duplicate layer, run the stars action on that, put it under the top layer, and then just rub out the stars where you want the star spikes to show through.

Lovely image Craig, the reprocess is sweet.

TJ

Archived